--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 187' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. @LaserHydra @Chris Burgess He wants friendly fire to work per group. So anyone in group A couldnt shoot each other but could shoot group B while group B cant kill each other. But I have to agree, it can go with the plugin, however, I recommend this more so to the developer of friendly fire because it goes better with that plugin because this plugin wasnt initially made for that, and friendly fire could easily more so be the type. I hope this helped answer your question a little Chris, happy holidays!

2. Indeed!

3. time to time i see this error on the console without typing anything

Code:
    {% raw %}
    (16:22:15) | [Oxide] 16:19 [Error] Failed to call hook 'API_FindPlayerPrimaryGroup' on plugin 'BetterChat v4.2.12' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (16:22:15) | [Oxide] 16:19 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+Group.GetGroups (System.String SteamID, Sorting sorting) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+Group.GetPrimaryGroup (System.String steamID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.API_FindPlayerPrimaryGroup (System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (16:22:15) | [Oxide] 16:19 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerSleepEnded' on plugin 'Notifier v3.1.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (16:22:15) | [Oxide] 16:19 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.Notifier.ReplaceNameFormats (System.String text, .BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Notifier.OnPlayerSleepEnded (.BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Notifier.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    {% endraw %}

4. That error is caused by Notifier.

5. By any chance do you have "Support for BetterChat" enabled on notifier ? if you do try disabling it, i stopped getting those errors after i disabled it.

6. yea i had it on but i think notifier was discontinued , but i found a updated version and it seen to fixed it self

7. When I type something then double this! Can you help?

Attached Files:

8. Maybe remove yourself from the default group?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1480595077][/DOUBLEPOST]does others have chatlagg to? The chat freeze after a few minutes. If i typ two times a not excisting command, then it will unfreeze for a couple of minutes. can someone help me?

9. Looks like you have another plugin trying to handle chat.

10. Thanks ! :)

11. How do I update the following coding (Groups.json) so that I can use a different colour for the displayed {Group}.. At the moment, it is displayed as white text.

{
    "GroupName": "Cadet",
    "Priority": 0,
    "Title": {
    "Hidden": false,
    "HideIfNotHighestPriority": false,
    "Size": 15,
    "Color": "#9EC326",
    "Text": "",
    "InheritSize": false,
    "InheritColor": false
    },
    "PlayerName": {
    "Color": "#9EC326",
    "ClanTagFormat": "[{Clan}] {Name}"
    },
    "Message": {
    "Color": "white"
    },
    "Formatting": {
    "Console": "{Title} {Name}: {Message}",
    "Chat": "{Title} {Group} {Name}: {Message}"
    }
    },

Do I just add the following for each change of "GroupName"?
    "Group": {
    "Color": "yellow"
    },

12. try removing player config files from /oxide/data/betterchat/players/. and then reload plugin.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1480658974][/DOUBLEPOST]
    most likely it's "sticky chat"

13. Hello all, potato here. All I want is to have a "Donator" group and add people to it to have that "Donator" tag. Thats it. When I added that group via console and added someone to it now all it says when he talks is PLAYERPLAYERPLAYER then his name. Funny yes but all I want it to say is <DONATOR> NAME. Can someone help puhlease :)

14. upload your groups file will fix it for you

15. Nvm, that alone right there sent me on the right path. Thank you

16. Ok, one more thing. How can I remove someone from the default group, right now he's added to the "Donator" group but also showing "Player" as well. I have tried the console command but doesnt remove from default.

17. So...does this plugin allow people to choose what to sensor in game? Or is it only the phrases you enter?

18. You cant remove someone from the default group it will auto add them again just fix your groups file

19. Fix the profile? Not sure I understand. Regardless what the default is everybody is going to be it correct?

20. Yes, everybody is in the 'default' group.