AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,941 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, see "Styling Guide" in the Docs link at the top of our site for Rust/Hurtworld, else You can use [#hexcolor]text[/#] like this.

2. [#hexcolor]text[/#] dont work ... the pluggin delete the color then back to white

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Where did you add it? The plugin doesn’t remove text from your file.

4. nevermind i forget to upload the .json :/ on the serv i wrote the text without the color .. my bad.
    i test it it s ok

5. i have this error:
    Code:
    Failed to run a 15.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.AutoBroadcast.<Broadcast>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

6. hey guys,
    the strange thing is, i uploaded the script than restarted the server and it worked once.. i think it posted like every msg once but then itstopped working...
    i'm getting also an error:

Code:
    22:33 [Info] AutoBroadcast was compiled successfully in 2195ms
    22:33 [Info] Unloaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.8 by Wulf/lukespragg
    22:33 [Info] Loaded plugin AutoBroadcast v1.0.8 by Wulf/lukespragg
    22:43 [Error] Failed to run a 600.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at BasePlayer.SendConsoleCommand (System.String command, System.Object[] obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Player.Message (.BasePlayer player, System.String message, System.String prefix, UInt64 userId, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message, System.String prefix, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayer.Message (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.AutoBroadcast.<Broadcast>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    /edit: FIXED

It was my mistake. I have edited the time and example msgs in the script itself which seems to have broken the script.. I replaced it with the original again and edited the .json file as mentioned by the dev and now everything works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2018
  7. well, the script still does not work correctly for me... i thought its working correctly but once it cycled through all the messages it gives me the following error:

Code:
    01:31 [Error] Failed to run a 600.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.)
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    i checked my config an language file but those r correct (i used the jason site provided in an other comment to validate) ...i'll now change the time value back to 300 and check if it works with the standard value....

/e:

Code:
    16:28 [Error] Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.)
    after one cycle through the messages i get this error and the plugin stops working...

/e:

i unloaded the plugin for the meanwhile and use another plugin.. (the "Smart Chat Bot" plugin is not the same but works fine)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  8. is it possible to see an example of a bold red broadcast config cause im having a hard time

9. Not sure about the bold, but in the language file you can make things red by doing this:

Code:
    <color=red>This will be red</color>

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
    [b][#ff0000]this text is bold and red[/#][/b]

11. "Advert": "This Server [color=#AAAAAA>runs[/color] Multiple Plugins to [color=#AAAAAA>maintain[/color] its Minigames and Arenas!.",
    "Need some friggin help!": "Pretty sure its Implied but do <color=\"red\">/help </color>for help!",

Somethign went wrong

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Either use the example I showed previously, or remote the \" marks around red.

13. FYI, I never use quotes and I never had any issues. Is there a good reason to use quotes and escape them or is that just the formal method?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't need to use quotation marks for the formatting tags, there's no reason to.

15. Hi Wulf, Got problem with this plugin. Everything has worked fine until i spotted that plugin started to broadcast only 2 messages, i got like 4-5. Then im tryied to change them, but nothing happens! Ive reload plugins,nothing happens. Im deleted them then installed again,same problem,even when i deleted them my messages was still there lol. Please help! :(

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How many languages have you customized for it? Please upload the Lang files for it too.

17. Im just edit EN file, thats it! Im never ever touched other lang files. Please see my AutoBroadcast.json (en) attached! Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018
  18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's suggest using key names other than 1, 2, 3, 4.

19. i dunno why but this is not working for me :/ keeps repeating the default messages over and over, even though they dont exist anymore in the lang file... i literally just changed from:

Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!",
      "AnotherExample": "This is another example, notice the comma at the end of the line above..."
    }
    to this:

Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "test test test",
      "AnotherExample": "another test another test another test"
    }
    that's the only think i changed, and just keeps repeating the default messages that.... arent there anymore! lol.

and yes, i reloaded the plugin... i dont understand whats going on

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Try different key name other than the original, pretty sure that's a bug that requires restarting the server.