AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,941 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Ok Thanks ill do that in a moment

2. Here we go please take a look at this! Thanks let me know if I did something wrong.

Attached Files:

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Still missing quotation marks. Fixed file below.

Attached Files:

4. Thank You for your help!

5. Hey Wulf,

Any idea why the mod would be working, then suddenly stop when I wipe the server? I've tried to reload it a couple times with no luck.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not without seeing your logs and changes.

7. hey i would like to ask if is it possible to configure this plugin so that the messages will appear at eg 11.55pm, 12.10am, 12.25am, 12.40am, 12.55am etc? i have already set the Broadcast Interval to 900 seconds

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, but you can used the TimedExecute plugin to have that sort of thing.

9. i see, alright thanks a lot

10. It stop working for me.
    Here is what happens when loaded in the server:
    Code:
    (07:24:48) | Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.8' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: b. Path 'BackPavk', line 6, position 59.)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

One of the files for the plugin was not edited correctly. Look for "BackPavk", should be around there that is causing it.

12. Hey man, not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but when I input a new message into the config and restart the server it deletes my messages and goes back to the original example messages, any help?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You wouldn't be editing the config file, it'd be the file under oxide/lang/en by default. If it is being reset, make sure that you are editing it as valid JSON. Using a site such as www.jsonlint.com can help you make sure of that.

14. If i want to add another broadcast what should come after the"AnotherExample" i had multiple "AnotherExample" 's and only the broadcast example message and the last AnotherExample input was showen none of the other AnotherExample were showen at all that were between..

{
    "ExampleMessage": "This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!",
    "AnotherExample": "This is another example, notice the comma at the end of the line above..."
    }

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Anywhere you want, just make sure each line with a message except for the last one has a trailing comma and that each key is different (not all as "AnotherMessage".)

16. k idi that but never showed the 1s between 1st and last i has to add all into the anotherexample which made it large in chat but may have to try again.. if it doesnt work ill try ur suggestion of adding n for new line

17. would it work for "AnotherMessage" not all same can be writen as"Another1Message"
    Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "Something wrong with the server send me an email.. ",
      "AnotherExample": "Xmas gifts are live make sure u have a stocking on your fireplace if u need a stocking email admin on [EMAIL][email protected][/EMAIL]..",
      "AnotherMessage": "If any abuse happens please report through email address and i will get to it as soon as i can..",
      "Another1Message": "Rules, No abuse in chat its a game remember, No spamming in chat No racist comments all will get u warned and lose of premissions or timed/perm BAN..",
      "Another2Message": "if premissions are missing plz email and i will fix...Enjoy and have fun...",
      "Another3Message": "Event Golden AK is live on map Hold G to locate on map only 1 available see how u hold it for... reward system will be implemented later in server build.",
      "Another4Message": "Teleport on map, type in chat /grt ##   .... ## grid ref on in game map eg.t4..",
      "Another5Message": "Backpack is working small size inventory press b to open"
    }

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It should.

19. yea it did thanks for the info/help.. its running perfect now

20. not sure if i'm being stupid, but is there anyway to color the text?