AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,942 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. if anyone can give me a basic Autobroadcast with basic info it would help please
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511911916][/DOUBLEPOST]i mean by hitting f1 or going to the game server console from the website and do it

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you just want a command, try the BetterSay plugin or existing game commands such as "say". You don't need a plugin to send a message, but if you can provide the information I requested (ie. oxide/lang/en/AutoBroadcast.json or other files you changed), then I can help you further.

3. gotcha .....i got one question left wolf and that will be it ...The way you have it there with the brackets ,i dont put them all togather and then the ending bracket to end the coding

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The formatting needs to be valid JSON. The actual message that gets sent is what is in the last part of each line inside the quotation " marks.

5. can i get an line with the json file so i can copy paste and just write in the brackets? im not sure how to add a line in the messages just want 1! basically dont know how to write in the note file to adjust the config file just to say sometime like /kit for kits for example

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The example that is generated by default would be an example, which is the same as the Overview. Just add a new line like the examples, change the key (ex. AnotherMessage) to something unique, and then customize the message. Make sure every line other than the last has a trailing comma though.

7. i see that there is an example already in the overview, just dont know what to do with the info, where to copy paste, how should the file look etc thanks again!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/lang/en/AutoBroadcast.json is there it is generated at by default, which is stated on the Overview as well.

9. ohh i went into the wrong file looks like LOL thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511920865][/DOUBLEPOST]WHOA haha thanks! turns out i didnt even know of this area!

10. well now i have run into another issue it seems the new lines i added dont work, it plays the first two but wont play the rest heres what my config looks like
    {
    "Build": "Build a home before exploring monuments and get some food!",
    "commands": "/home|/tpr|/tpa|/tpb|/clan/kit|/sethome(6)",
    "Hammerinfo": "Right clight and select grade with hammer then left click the grade!",
    "Airdrops": "Spawns every 10m /1000npcs/Despawn every 10m S.Signal does not spawn npc",
    "NpcMonument": "Lighthouses have no npcs. Most Npcs will drop guns/scrap"
    }

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reload the plugin after making the changes?

12. i did yes, but i didnt restart the server, i also did press space and then added the ":, to the areas needed maybe there was another way to do it in notepad? could try a restart but dont want to i got people online haha thanks for your help!

13. Is their anyway to change the image that the message gets send from? I'm new to oxide developing.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not in the current plugin. Assuming you mean in Rust? A Rust-specific method could be added to handle that.

15. @Wulf if you could alter the plugin and add the ability for that in the config, that would be sick. I would also be willing to be told how to do it :D. thx bby

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It would be.

17. @Wulf
    *sigh* well, worth a try

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why is that a sigh? :p I said I would add it as an option.

19. @Wulf oh when you said "It would be.", i thought you meant that it would be good their but your not going to do it. lmao thx man.

20. Hay, i have a Problem i change the Text in the file.. But the message doenst change..

Here Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Here the File:
    Code:
    {
      "Map": "Bind M to open and close the Large Map -> F1 open Console -> bind M LMUI_Control map ",
      "Commands": "/skin|/home|/tp|/s|/friends|/clan/kit|/crosshair|/voteday|/help|/trade"
    }
    Server Restart and Plugin(oxide.reload AutoBroadcast) done.. but doenst change..