1. For me and many people hosting does not allow us to set "nav_disable: false". We need another solution.

2. Where are you hosting. I'm at gameservers.com they allow you to change it.

3. Unfortunately, most Russian hostings do not allow to change "nav_disable: false"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2017
  4. Gameservers allowed me to change it and it fixed, thanks

5. Hello, i have new rust server update and oxide updated too and when i go to animal at approx 10 meters, it disappearing. How can i fix it?

6. i use gameservers and have been running "nav_disabled: false" i can tell you that the animals are still despawning

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no "nav_disabled", it's "nav_disable".

8. yea i copy pasted from the post above , but its correct in my server config , animals still despawn when looked at

9. im having the same issue. im also on gameservers.com. how do you disable nav do you just do it throught the console commands?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503845841][/DOUBLEPOST]i figured out how to change it hopefully it works.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503846507][/DOUBLEPOST]it worked. thanks everyone

10. i just had the Bradley de-spawn after looking at it through a scope

11. +nav_disable false
    fix it

thank you

12. Hello, I come to you because on my server the animals disappear when we approach them. I have to find out how to fix this bug but no results so I would like to know how to fix this problem? thank you.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The solution is posted in the last post and previous posts of this thread.

14. I just read and put this command but the problem persists so I rest the question because I do not understand why it does not work

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It needs to be changed/set in your startup script or command-line, not as a command while the server is running. If you are renting a server from a host, they may be forcing the setting so you'd need to contact them in that case.

16. So from what im gathering nav_disable "true" is broken? I've had mine on nav_disable "false" but its increased CPU Of my Dedicated ALOT

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Setting "nav_disable false" means you'd have it enabled, so you'd be using more CPU and resources.

18. Sorry Wulf just woke up lol Yea I have it set as nav_disable "true" due to the issue of animals Disappearing.. Which has made my CPU go from 20-25% to 60-65%

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see how that'd be possible, since it's intended to do the exact opposite of that. I have been using that setting since it was available for testing on a low-end laptop with no issues. The server won't even boot if I don't have it set due to the resource usage.

20. With Animal AI on it just puts and extreme load on my Dedicated Server. With Animal AI off Ive always been good at max 28% now as u can see its wrecking hell on my CPU.

Attached Files:

• CPU.PNG
      CPU.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 KB
      Views:
    • CPU.PNG
      CPU.PNG
      File size:
      1.6 KB
      Views:
    • CPU.PNG