1. Hey,

Just having an issue since update/wipe this morning which has animals disappearing/despawning when looked at or within 20 metres of them.

Would love a hand with this.

Cheers

2. Same bug on my servers.

3. Same bug here

4. Yep, same here. Whenever you get close to them. They despawn and they dont even move. Some players of mine have been able to run up to them and hit and kill them before they despawn tho.

5. Here at Fresh Server same thing..

6. theres isn't a solution yet?

Seems its the Oxide, because in Vanilla everything is perfect, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2017
  7. Same, but i think its because navmesh is disabled (in my case)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't change or modify this in any way, unless you have plugins messing with it. Oxide changes nothing with game mechanics alone.

9. Removed all plugins, reinstalled Oxide. Still there. I don't use any animal/spawn related plugins, I think.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503699318][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You have any idea what it could be. The animals despawn right after you spot them. I'm new, but do the plugins alter the game even when you remove them? Because I removed everything and reinstalled Oxide. But it's still in de game/map.

10. But i have the Oxide clean without any plugin and they still dissapear, in vanilla it works well

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're using an old Oxide build with an older Rust patched DLL then because Oxide has nothing to do with animals and doesn't touch any of the game mechanics in Rust. There were numerous issues with animals this last Rust update, which I'm pretty sure they addressed the known ones with today's Rust update. Oxide provides hooks for plugins to use, it doesn't actually change the game without plugins.

Installing an old Oxide build would mean installing old Rust files on top of your server, because Oxide modifies 3 of these files for Rust. So if there were animal issues in this older Rust version (there was), then you'd be downgrading your server to that and re-introducing those issues.

12. Thanks for your quick answer. I rent my server at gamserver.com and it has this Oxide update tool, which I used, so I suppose it's the latest one. The spawn.report showed that there we're no animals ingam and when I spawned them manually through console they disapeared right away. I ended up reinstalling everything, doing this as we speak.

*Didnt work. Im wiping the whole server.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2017
  13. Uhm. Wiped server. Installed everything again. Different map, no mods. Still 0 animal population.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Animals not spawning doesn't sound like the same issue as animals disappearing, which is what this thread is about.

15. We'llthey do spawn, I see them spawn. But the disapear right away. It's ok in Vanilla but as soon as I install Oxide it happens.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No idea, sorry. Oxide doesn't touch AI, NPCs, animals, nor any other mechanics in Rust.

17. Thanks for your reply. I hope somebody else can help.

18. Have same issue also

19. OMG it's was +nav_disable false

20. Anyone else that comes across this issue, make sure you have the latest server update and ensure you have '+nav_disable false' instead of 'true'