LustyMap for Rust

In-game map and minimap GUI

Total Downloads: 30,749 - First Release: Sep 8, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 9, 2017

5/5, 138 likes
  1. Evilyn Corporated

Evilyn Corporated Scavenger

Are you running on a Windows VPS (or dedi)? That's the platform I'm running on (Win 2012 server) and have this problem. I have a feeling it might need a physical reboot of the server but I don't want to do that unless I have to.

I'm just about to remove all traces of the plugin and re-install from scratch. If that doesn't fix it then I have to find a quiet time to do a quick power down and back up again to test my theory.

What's worrying for me is how it completely crashes the Rust client with (to quote a player) "red error messages across Rust, never seen that before." If I hadn't had the players actually in Discord to tell me about the problem, I wouldn't have known, because by this time they couldn't reconnect without Rust crashing and disconnecting them almost instantly they joined. That's one way to gradually get rid of your player base I guess. I'll update this thread in a bit when I've deleted all the .json files and re-installed the plugin.

I'm sorry you're having this problem, but I'm also glad it's not just me.

2. The Starglider

The Starglider Naked Wanderer

Still no idea from anyone how to stop the minimap from auto minimising shortly after a chat message is written in game? It's infuriating now.

3. Evilyn Corporated

Okay, going on from this:-

LustyMap | Page 163 | Oxide

I completely removed LustyMap from the server, let it reboot over night, and just tried a brand new install. *Some* clients are crashing, and I'm delighted to say it happened to me too as I can now show you the red text I screen capped. This all started when I updated to the latest version (2.0.81), but 2.0.8 worked fine. I've tried going back to 2.0.8 but that doesn't work now either.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong? Maybe something in the new /storage/ folder? I can't see anything in the server logs and no errors were thrown up there.

Anyway, here's the screen cap of the red text on my local PC.

lustymap-red-error-text-cropped.png

4. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

The only thing in data would be map images possibly from 'resetmap': StorageCleaner for Rust | Oxide

Just to confirm, you are deleting the .cfg upon a fresh install and you have installed the new icons?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. NuNuDu59400

NuNuDu59400 Naked Wanderer

I do not see my position on the map

6. Evilyn Corporated

Yep and yep, all freshly downloaded and installed - I even checked to make sure the icons had the new harbor.png in them. I'd deleted all traces and let the Rust server reboot. So everything gone and I'd already installed the Storage Cleaner plugin. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. A few days ago the plugin worked perfectly, then adding 2.0.81 broke something somewhere and going back to an earlier version didn't fix it.

The only thing that I haven't done yet is to reboot the physical server.

7. Snipe Gaming

Snipe Gaming Naked Wanderer

What is this? "

Compilation error: (SerializationException: Unexpected binary element: 111)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, System.Int64& objectId, System.Object& value, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo& info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadNextObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectGraph (BinaryElement elem, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean readHeaders, System.Object& result, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Header[]& headers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.NoCheckDeserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ObjectStream.IO.ObjectStreamWrapper`2[ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage,ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage].ReadObject (Int32 len) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ObjectStream.IO.ObjectStreamWrapper`2[ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage,ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage].ReadObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ObjectStream.ObjectStreamConnection`2[ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage,ObjectStream.Data.CompilerMessage].ReadStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ObjectStream.Threading.Worker.DoWorkImpl (System.Object oAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Error while compiling Compiler v1.0.0.94 closed.
    "
    This pops up when i do Oxide.reload LustyMap

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

I reload the map and delete some custom data
    and I have now this all time:
    [LustyMap] Your map is still in the queue to be generated. Checking again in 10 seconds

in Beancan.io
    Im trying to generate the map with Seed and Size, and is taking a lot of time... waiting in queue.

Its normal? I have something bad configured? I was using the LustyMap a lot without problems, I have set the API key and all fine, but now after an Icon Change and reload is not working more.

9. Xsander

Xsander Naked Wanderer

have the same thing... guys really need to do something with that beancan.io ...

10. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

@Calytic please give us light about the Beancan problem, are you one of the owners right? :D

11. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

I've only just quickly read over what's been said but you did delete your old .config file right? It's required. Some people are having issues withy specific seeds generating too and Hydra said there's nothing he can do and it's up to Beancan to force an update on any maps.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    If rolling back to the previous versions didn't work, it sounds like you aren't removing the .cfg?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    My position is working just fine, if you aren't receiving any kind of error in console I'd double check reconnecting doesn't resolve the issue.

12. StreetDog

StreetDog Shack Builder

REPEAT:

I have set the API key and all fine, but now after an Icon Change and reload is not working more.

13. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

The command reload or? What specifically isn't happening.

14. Brandoncarney

Brandoncarney Scavenger

Once you added the icons you said you also deleted the file "CustomData"? Did you not delete the "ImageData.json" file as well? or simply use the console command 'resetmap'.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  15. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

If you 'resetmmap' it'll move the image and attempt to build a new one. This command does cause momentary lag, as does a reload of the plugin.

16. Knullrufs [√0]

Knullrufs [√0] Scavenger

great plugin, my players without two monitors have been asking for this...

A couple of small things, I cant seem to figure out how to get "UseMinimap": false, to work.
    or if i use /map it wont close....

any ideas?

17. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

I think there's an issue with some false statuses - Just a quick question, when you join the server is your map also zoomed in?

As for /map, what're you trying to close it with? The m keybind?

18. Knullrufs [√0]

Knullrufs [√0] Scavenger

well i am logged in as admin and using the console and ftp+text editor to tweak it.

however i think i got it where it starts without minimap, and when you hit m, it opens the big map, and hit it again and the reduces to the mini....

you want to see configs or video?

19. Dream 5

Dream 5 Shack Builder

So to confirm in short, the minimap is disabled until you open the large map and close it again. - You only want the large map and yeah, please post your config, as something's obviously triggering it.

20. Knullrufs [√0]

Knullrufs [√0] Scavenger

yes this is correct.

and thanks!