--- layout: forums title: 'BotSpawn | Page 81' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,762 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. The bot health problem seems to be both murderers AND scientists for me.

2. I've got this error.
    Code:
    {% raw %}
    05:32 [Stacktrace]   at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.FindMonuments () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.OnServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    {% endraw %}
    I can manually spawn bots, but they won't spawn normally.

3. hi. is it possible to get bots to kill other bots?

4. The bots always carried LR-300s.
    They just never had the ability to select it before, and I wipe their belt on death.

If you really don't want the LR out there, you can make a kit with hazmat, mp5 and shotgun to achieve the same as before.

Yup. All limited to 100 for now.
    Think I'm going to go with a fraction damage multiplier, so their health is always 100 but some are just harder to kill.

I did add 'behind the scenes' health buffer that effective gave them 2/3/400 health, or whatever you specified, but some people are using health display plugins and it didn't play nice.

Multiplier is probably the easiest solution, but there'll be no way to tell if a bot is badass until it's too late, unless your custom kits make it obvious.

Config needs wiped.
    If it persists after config wipe please let me know.

Oh...lol. Probably.
    I don't think anyone's wanted that before.

If I add it as a true/false the configs and datas will need wiped so I'll put it on the longer term to-do list,
    and add it next time config wipe is necessary.

5. May I please have a copy of an up to date, working config file? I've been talking to my servers tech support about deleting my old config file to generate a new one and they keep claiming the current one is what is produced, but it is clearly an older config file.

6. hey man, really tryin hard to get this mod to work, seen videos its supposed to work automatically? the bot.spawn command doesnt seem to do anything after i press enter, i typed true on activate on the places i wanted npcs, its mixed with the murderer npc's but only 2 locations, i am fairly new to this so id even be happy with pictures or a video! thanks. Oh i also set the timer to 300 and the reset is set to 60, and runnin over 30 mods

7. Hi,
    bot.spawn isn't a command.
    All commands are listed in the overview, although you don't need any of them to get started.

For simplest setup you need to set one or more monuments to activate:true in the config file, then reload the plugin.
    That'll spawn bots at the activated monument straight away, 'airdrop' being the exception.

If you want to customise settings any further, you will need to reload the plugin each time for changes to take effect.

oxide.reload BotSpawn (in console or as RCon command).

8. thanks for the quick reply!, ive done that meny times restarted atleast 5 times so far, i also have all monuments active and 10 npcs each, is maybe i have to meny monuments spawning npcs? haha sorry!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510721707][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Did what you mentioned, didnt work it seems, hmm im probably doing something so simple thats not making it work, but what! lol. i changed the names at each monument that says "botname" is that maybe a problem? i have th em set to active to all monuments but the lighthouses. wish i could give better info, i edit the files multipul times but doesnt seem to work

9. there was an update recently maybe somethign to with that, been tryin everything for over 2 hours now, please update me later! i did everything, even deleted mod and reinstalled it with no avail! more info would be awesome! thanks man

10. Hey all the bots and animalls are standing still for me

11. Do you watch console output when you're loading plugins, either directly at the server or via an Rcon tool?
    If not, please do that. :)

bot.count is a useful console command, for being certain - It tells you how many are alive on the map.

Also, server settings relating to nav should be 'nav_disable false' and 'nav_grid true'.
    These are the rust defaults but sometimes people change them or service providers override them.

The foolproof way to be sure is to type 'nav_disable' and 'nav_grid' into f1 console in game without having changed anything.
    That will tell you what your current settings are.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510759740][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This is not a problem, as long as your syntax is correct.
    If there's any mistake the plugin (any plugin) will crap out, but it will tell you that by error message in console, so always watch there.

I recommend a blank config and literally just change "false" to "true" for 'activate' on one monument, to rule out user error as much as possible.

12. very helpfull thanks man!, now t hat i got it workin its alot of fun, what i think i did wrong was change all the file names and bots right off the hop so probably the best way (what i did) was load into game, then pretty much what steen says, then do it ingame and reload the mod using oxide command, even tho it looks like nothing did anything i think it does work! couldnt figure out the ingame way to display errors tho :( lol but my mad max themed server is lookin alot better will add kits soon keep workin on youre mods man!

13. Glad you got going. :)

There's no in-game way to see errors. You'd need access to the server console, or an RCon tool.
    Something like RustAdmin - Rust server RCON administration tool

If you're new, you're going to need some way to see console output. Believe me. ;)

14. Hi I get this error, says that OnServerInitialized already exists and doesn't allow the bots to spawn. Any help? I have uninstalled, reinstalled and reloaded the files but nothign changes. upload_2017-11-15_16-24-33.png

15. That means two monuments of the same name are being stored so either A: your config has a mistake or B: I've failed to account for some duplicate possibility.
    If you backup and wipe your config then reload, and the issue goes away, then it's A.
    If the problem persists, please tell me your map seed and size.

16. Thank you for the quick reply I do have 2 Supermarkets and 2 Harbors in my map the map seed and size are seed:12345, size :4000

17. sorry to ask again but i cant for the life of me fine the command to make the bot kits, or just as a normal kit and make it admin only? for example. /kit add botdome? and am i able to make different kits for each monument or is there a conflict there? im about to try it! lol thanks again!

18. Right now there is a provision made for up to 3 warehouses, 3 lighthouses, 2 gasstations and 2 supermarkets.
    Any further duplicates of those should be ignored, but I didn't exhaustively test.
    Could you wipe (backup if you wan) your config and reload to prove please?

@-Krzyszek Konopka - Kits is a separate plugin.
    You'll need to refer to the overview for it, and for BotSpawn.

19. Sure I'll do that right now thanks

20. Loads fine here on 4000 - 12345.
    I'm guessing your config is from a previous map or was edited incorrectly or something...