--- layout: forums title: 'BotSpawn | Page 77' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,762 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Using latest version and am using Hapis island, so I am trying to create custom spawns. However, even being the owner AND an admin AND granting myself the permissions, I still cannot create custom profiles (spawns).

I can get spawns on supply drops, but nothing else.

I am not using kits.

Thanks.

2. Have you activated them? Data/BotSpawn.json

"CustomProfiles": {
    "whateverbot": {
    "Activate": true,

Make sure to change the number of bots you want as well.

3. Weird. They never wander so far away for me earlier.

4. "Disconnected: RPC Error in OnProjectileAttack" happens everytime I kill a Murderer. have tried changing the settings and that didn't work. saw that another guy also had this problem:( awesome mod otherwise, have used it for quite a long time now without any problems:)

5. post results of 'oxide.version' please.

6. dont really know what you ment there but I can seem to find anything called "oxide.version" in my server folder:/
    but I can tell you that i get this error in the server cmd window when i get kicked with that message after killing a murderer:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at LootContainer.PopulateLoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at LootContainer.SpawnLoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at LootContainer.ServerInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.Spawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SpawnGroup.Spawn (Int32 numToSpawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SpawnGroup.Spawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at LocalClock.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SpawnGroup.SpawnRepeating () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SpawnHandler+<SpawnGroupTick>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: I get lots of them in the cmd until i reload the plugin

7. Type oxide.version into console or RCON. I suspect you're not up to date.

8. 2.0.3705 the newest if im not mistaken, right?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1509909573][/DOUBLEPOST]I also get this when loading all plugins. it has to do with zombies so I guess it could be something with my problem maybe?

upload_2017-11-5_20-19-26.png

Attached Files:

9. So am I supposed to 'type out' a custom profile in the data directory THEN use the commands to spawn them?
    I was under the impression I was to use the command to create the 'location', which would create the relevant files, which I could edit.

I will try this again using that method first.

10. To get a custom bot you enter /botspawn add (whatevernameyouwant) in chat at the location you want. It should say that the profile was created at that location. Then you edit that particular bots profile in the json to activate it, choose what settings you want, how many bots and set it as a murderer if you want it to be. Reload the plugin and there you go.

11. Wow. In CHAT. Not console.

The "/" should have given it away.

FACEPALM

Thanks! Hopefully I can get something going now.

12. Good luck :)

13. so any clue why they are still dropping weapons?

14. Been covered a few times. Next version of oxide should address this. BotSpawn update will follow.

15. @Steenamaroo any chance that bots using custom kits with 2 weapons will randomly choose one of the weapons on the hotbar?
    I have a few bot kits set up with 2 weapons but they only use the 1st weapon on the hotbar and it would be awesome if it either randomly chose what weapon to use or maybe we could set a % chance that they would use 1 weapon over the other?

16. Is it possible to make them rapid fire? They fire a single bullet at a time. Also, Can I name each individual bot?

Also another idea. When you die by the bot, let make them walk up to you (On a valid surface) and loot the body of items until it is full. have a blacklist/whitelist of what items it can and cant pick up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  17. Hey korean,
    Some great ideas there but I don't think I'll be able to bring any them to fruition.

Fire rate....maybe. I'd have to look into that.

The looting idea is very cool.
    If I had proper control of their movements I think I probably could rig it up so they walk to their victims and pause while the loot is moved but I don't have movement control right now.

Right now my main goal is to bring in a custom/random loot table option for bots and probably rewrite the thing in general.

As far as individual bot names, no. There's no provision for that.
    The only way to achieve it would be to have custom profiles with one bot per profile, then set a custom name for each profile.
    Rather you than me. ;)

@Razor14150 , that's another one I'm not sure about.
    It may be possible but, if not, it'd certainly be possible to allow multiple kits to be specified then the bot 'chooses' one at random.
    Bit of a janky workaround but it would add some variety, at least.

18. Custom loot tables should be top priority IMO. I think that would be amazing

19. hmmm... Bots are freezing for me after they got shot with an arrow from crossbow, anyone had the same problem?

20. Yes, same. Easy mode