1. I get this everytime my server comes up even though i updated the Rust version on the server (many times). Everyone that tries to join the server gets that issue: Disconnect: Wrong Connection Protocol: Client update required!

Got around 50 people trying to join the server that gets that one aswell.

Anyone know how to fix it?

2. ZIG

ZIG

same problem on my server after i updated oxide!
    plz help

3. ye i guess they just changed protocol again. Just need to wait

4. The weird thing is, i can join many other servers. Hmm. So we need for a client update then or do you think there'll come another server update?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

For now you'd need to downgrade your server (if you can), otherwise you'd need to wait for a client update.

6. Back to protocol 1320?

7. That dont make sense why would they update it and not update the client to allow you to connect to the updated servers.

8. Yearh i can't get it to make sense too. How do you even downgrade a server lol :-D

9. someone forgot to upload new client version to steam =\

10. Not professional... I made the oxide upgrade...same problem.
    I installed the previous one as well. ok to reconnect.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  11. I can not get me to this error in my server Disconnect: Wrong Connection Protocol: Client update required!
    what do I have to do?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are a few solutions provided above. ;)

13. I tried them but they give the same mistake I formatted the server put everything to 0 is not missing an update of oxide ?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There has only been one Rust server update today, which is what the latest Oxide build is for. The client protocol was downgrade though, so it currently doesn't match. You should be able to start the server fine by using either the old server files and an old Oxide build, or simply using an older RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll from Oxide with the latest Rust server files.

15. ok but where do I find these files ask forgiveness

16. FFS............
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442611208][/DOUBLEPOST]My host doesn't allow me to update the files manually.. I'm fucked right now... not cool.