World Quarry

Creates a stone/metal/sulfur quarry in the world using only boxes and a torch

Total Downloads: 500 - First Release: May 29, 2015 - Last Update: May 29, 2015

5/5, 2 likes
  1. apocdev submitted a new resource:

World Quarry - Creates a stone/metal/sulfur quarry in the world using only boxes and a torch

Read more about this resource...

2. This looks really cool actually.
    Will it spread out and fill all of the boxes once the first one is full?
    Can you add more than 9 boxes to collect even more before harvesting is needed?
    Can a random player destroy the query? If so, how?

What do you think about just having a large chest that you can use a command on such as /quarry with a limit to the number of active quarries a user can have? I think this would be really nice and might fit my server better.

Regardless, FANTASTIC job! This is epic, I was trying to think of how I could solve the issue of stone nodes running out on populated servers and this I think would fix that issue, since even a newbie with 900 wood (or however much it takes to make 9 boxes) can gather stone.

Great job and thanks for making this, I'll put it on my local server tonight and see how well it does. I'll likely put it on my server after the mandatory wipe next week.

3. For balance reasons, I only have it filling the "center" box. 9x production seems overkill. There are currently no protection checks, so anybody with a torch (or hatchet) can turn off the quarry, or just break the box to disable it. (Once any of the boxes are removed, the quarry stops working)

I decided to make it akin to a Minecraft "multiblock" structure, so that it's harder to defend. Especially since you're just creating resources out of thin air. (Hence the requirement that it not be built near any building blocks)

You can have as many quarries as you want right now. I'll add a way to limit how many per player are allowed. (And a way to clear your own quarries, in the case of raids)

4. This is fun, good job works perfectly,

Suggestion though, could you make the item to hit the box with configurable, id like it to be the hammer not the torch

5. I'll probably change it to the hammer by default. Used the torch simply because I had it on me at the time, and it serves no real purpose other than making you easier to spot. :p

I do intend to add a few things (configurable of course)

1. Maybe require 1-4 furnaces (surrounding the box) with fuel, to "run" the quarry. And it will automatically output metal/sulfur to the adjacent furnaces.
    2. Require some sort of tool (probably in the main quarry chest). So there's at least some balance. (It will take damage much slower than normal mining by default)
    Please keep in mind, that they were/are planning to add real quarries into the game, so this is just a fun side-project at the moment. :)

EDIT: So I did some testing, and unfortunately I can't use the hammer with Oxide in it's current state. The BaseCombatEntity.DoRepair (and BuildingBlock.DoRepair) need to be hooked to be able to tell when we hit something with the hammer (since we're attempting to repair something). So for now, I'll stick with the torch. But I'll put in a feature request for the DoRepair hooks.

6. can we turn on the ability to allow it to be build on Foundations at Server owner discretion

and i think you should have a hammer and a pick in the box ... its a mine after all it needs them

7. Also, can we have an option to stop production if the chest is full? Testing this before putting it on my server and I had to go away, came back and there is a ton of 1 to 3 stone sitting on top. Would love if it just stopped once full to keep this from happening.

EDIT: Also found a sorta bug. If you remove the boxes using the R-Remover plugin (/remove) it will continue producing if you remove all the surrounding boxes. A minor bug, one I am sure my players will abuse, but still should be fixed probably. :)

8. Code:
    [Oxide] 5:04 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerAttack' on plugin 'World Quarry' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 5:04 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.WorldQuarry.OnPlayerAttack (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo hitInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  9. i seem to be getting same error
    Code:
    Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerAttack' on plugin 'World Quarry' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 5:15 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.WorldQuarry.OnPlayerAttack (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo hitInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

11. how do u get it to work?build the boxes with torch in centre box but nothing happens

12. Jeah i have the same problem i build the quarry like on the photo and the plugin say invaild quarry contruction

13. i build it like the photo shows,put torch in middle box but nothing happens

14. so far i know you must punch the middle box with the torch but by me says the plugin only invaild quarry contruction

15. This plugin is a year old, it might not even work anymore. Just use normal quarries.

16. Okay thanks