Not an Issue Where is the rest of the files?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by RandomMirai, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Was watching a TuT on how to make a server with Oxide with plugins. All the videos made show there being more files in the Oxide-Rust.zip. I only have the DedicatedData_Rust folder in there and nothing else. Can someone help please.

Ref:

2. That is a old video what you have in the zip file is all you need and never go by any videos on any site on how to build a server it will mess up your files as all are wrong

3. So how does I use / install Oxide to make a Rust server then???

4. If you have skype can help or can send you a download link for one I have installed on my ftp

5. You can use this one, which I think is the easiest for new people

Rust Server Installer

Only thing worth notable: none of the installers nor Oxide include an example startup script. They used to. Maybe it's a good thing, because "one day flies" tend to **** up the community by just starting servers but don't know how the hell a server should be maintained. But this should help you alot.

Just use the Oxide zip, copy it to the Rust dir and you have to create a bat startup script to start the server the right way.

Maybe this works: Startup Script Maker

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Example files still available: OxideMod/Oxide.Rust

7. That's what I mean, 50% of the Rust "server owners" don't even know what github is and is just messing around :)

I really loved the time 2 / 2,5 years ago :D