Waterworld

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Rob Stark, Apr 24, 2018.

1. With the introduction of boats, floating loot piles, and scuba gear we have the opportunity to create a water based rust server. I initially thought I could just reduce the map size down to a tiny island or nothing at all and have just water, but that means nearly no floating loot piles. What would be really cool would be to alter the Z axis of the map so everything is submerged, meaning underwater exploration for barrels and boxes and half sunken rad towns. Is it currently possible, through an oxide plugin, to alter the map Z axis like this? Or am I better off starting with a tiny map and using a plugin to spawn floating junk piles?

2. Bump to the top.

3. I took a shot at building a vanilla Waterworld and it didn't come out half bad. I found a seed with a small island in the middle and a lighthouse, then I cranked up the spawn density and rate so there are enough resources for lots of people to fight over. Boats spawn on the tiny island, and there are quite a few shallow spots and ice sheets to build on. The spawn rate/density ended up making a ton of animals on the tiny island and they hunt each other, its a cool little ecosystem and source of fuel, lol. The island is super dangerous as there are a ton of predators, so building on it might not be advisable. The ocean spans past the map really really far, so there is plenty of ocean gameplay. There is no shortage of loot piles, plenty of nodes and trees on the island if you can keep from being killed by bears.

check out
    Code:
     Waterworld - Drunken Mariner 
    under Community servers.