1. Does anybody know on how to make people able to move & resize specific object like buttons and text?

2. From what I know there is nothing built in to allow that.. Winforms is a pretty static thing!

That project Norm recommended is probably your best shot at something like this unless you do it all yourself. The flexibility of .NET and the underlying Win32 platform is very powerful, but it's also pretty painful to toy with when you start doing things like that.

3. You think I could maybe try making an Unity APP instead of an WinForm?

4. Never toyed with Unity, no clue. I would have said jquery, that thing is pretty kick ass to make things like this :)

5. Im trying Unity right now. With like 0 knowledge about it ^^
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442141042][/DOUBLEPOST]How would you Initialize a new button within a script? lol. New UnityEngine.UI.Button does not work

6. I would use jquery to be honest, learning curve isn't that hard

7. idk anything about jquery I don't even know what it does. lol

8. It's basically javascript made easier with the jquery class

jQuery

9. but how would I make an Application with that lol, with addable buttons etc. Also would need to learn js then ---

10. Yeah if you don't know HTML and JS it might be a bit of a challenge.. But jquery is magical. You can just add a class to any UI object to make it movable, takes like 20 seconds.

11. I know basics of HTML and CSS but not really JS
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442165283][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But we mean the same moving right? Let the user move them with the mouse. Also I need to be able to get the position and size of it.

12. jquery is just a javascript tool that makes everything html/css easier. I haven't toyed with it in a while but basically you can create html/css UI elements with it really easily (similar to what you'd do in C#) something like new jquery.ui.button(posx, posy, width, height, text) and you can attach classes that change the behavior of these (one being movable). With this the user can click and hold on a button or any such defined UI element and just drag it around the web page.

Jquery is to javascript what LINQ is to C#... and more... it's a very different way of doing things but extremely powerful with very little code. Good stuff, it's brilliant.

13. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

I have developed multiple WYSIWYG editors in the decade I have been coding. Any research on the subject will quickly reveal that developing a good WYSIWYG editor is really hard. Given your level of experience, I would not recommend this unless you are willing to put down weeks, possibly months, of effort. The problem seems trivial at first, and you think, "well if that moron Calytic can do it - so could I". And you can, but be prepared to be onslaught by a full regimen of, albeit common, difficult programming problems. Developing a WYSIWYG for me took about 2 weeks, and this was even still leveraging existing technologies to the fullest extent possible. I already knew how I would do it when I started, had a ton of prior experience doing similar applications, and fortunately it ended up working out for me. Even I ran into some unexpected obstacles but that is a story for another day.

There are 2 good ways to accomplish what you want. As others have stated, using HTML/JS is really the smartest move. Building a system like this using a conventional desktop application is only really feasible if you leverage an existing graphics engine and even then you'll have to spin up most of the components yourself. In contrast, a web-based solution with existing technologies is the easiest and least painful route.

14. Good post cyclone and so true. This and damn text editors, looks so simple until you get into the million edge cases and "what ifs". I worked for 10 years on a wysiwyg win32 windows based app and man, we were still bitching at the complexity and limitations when I left the project. Its really not simple.