Solved Version command

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Upperking, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Pluggin to show in console what build version oxide 2.0 your using.
    could that be possible?

2. As far as i know Oxide doesnt include build versions so its always Oxide 2.0.0
    Would be in @thomasfn's hands to add that to Oxides version variable.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Right now there's is only 2.0, not build versioning. You can see the version with the HelpText plugin though. http://oxidemod.org/resources/helptext.676/[DOUBLEPOST=1414640190][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Builds are currently handled via Travis, so that'd likely be something I'd filter and add via scripting. It may be he can add it in a more accessible location that I can write to.

4. Problem he has is that he tells me he has the latest oxide version, but when he does:
    function plugin:eek:nentitydeath(blabla,hitinfo)
    print("blabla")
    end
    He doesnt get Any blabla when Anyone dies, so Basically the hook doesnt exist on his oxide.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, printing in that hook didn't work for me either, but other stuff did. I use it with Respawner.

6. Hmmmm d'a fuck?
    So maybe your respawner plugin is stoping my plugin from working?
    I guess that if you pût à return hitinfo it Will stop other plugins from using the hook.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not returning hitinfo in it, but you can take a look and test.
    Code:
    function PLUGIN:OnEntityDeath(entity)
        local player = entity:ToPlayer()
        if player then self:Respawn(player) end
    end

8. Hmmm i think you need at least to pût return at the end, like on legacy.
    But i won't be home until tomorrrow so if you have time to test it it's perfect, if you dont i'll do it tomorrrow Night or on saturdaysaturday

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly am I testing? I tried R-DeathMessages with Respawner, but it works fine from what I can tell. The chat messages show just fine when I die with or without the return.

10. Oh ok î thought you said the opposite :p

11. My r death works sometimes but not always like I die and the guy who killed me got the message but I got no message