1. same here :-/

Error while compiling: Kits.cs(623,27): error CS0023: The `.' operator cannot be applied to operand of type `Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings'

2. THANKS! It`s WORK!

3. Error while compiling: HumanNPC.cs(1243,27): error CS0023: The `.' operator cannot be applied to operand of type `Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings'

4. This is great except I can't use it, my hosting service won't change system files. NOW what?

5. View THIS

6. my server host wont allow me to upload .dll?

7. On hosting it is not possible to change the file. Another solution?

8. wait for oxide update

9. then u didnt update

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"The `.' operator cannot be applied to operand of type `Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings'"

For those having this issue, it is due to an update to Newtonsoft.Json to version 8.x in Rust that is conflicting with what some plugins are expecting. Oxide builds with Newtonsoft.Json 6.x for compatibility with other games, but we're looking into a way to resolve that this time and going forward to avoid other potential compatibility issues.

A temporary "fix" is provided in this thread that involves downgrading the version of Newtonsoft.Json that comes with Rust to the one that Oxide compiles with. Keep in mind that this may cause unforeseen issues with Rust, so do so at your own risk.
    Install location: RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

If you are using a host that does not allow uploading or modifying DLL files under the Managed folder, you'd need to contain them or wait for a new build of Oxide that remedies this.

Please refrain from posting the error more, we're aware of it. ;)

Attached Files:

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin