SteamGroups

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,119 - First Release: Aug 17, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 9, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. can you please help me set this plugin up? thanks heaps :)

2. The plugins working fine. You need to assign the plugin a steam group ID and oxide permission group. Otherwise theres no object to reference.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490090375][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wulf, just a question really but would it be possible to do with with twitter, as I would find that very useful. It would help a community grow.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490090716][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's super easy to setup.
    1. Install the plugin under oxide plugins
    2. Create the steam group using the following link: (Steam Community)
    3. Create an oxide permission group with a suitable name
    4. Obtain the Steam group ID by going to the group page and clicking on 'Edit Group Profile'. ID's are listed at the very top.
    5. Now go into your server config folder and find the SteamGroups.json and fill out Steam with the groups ID and Oxide with permission groups name.
    6. Finally reload the plugin by using oxide.reload SteamGroups

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  3. i want to have it so when you join a group you get accses to a kit, how can i do this? this is what i have so far.

{
    "Group Setup": [
    {
    "Steam": "28203411",
    "Oxide": "addgroup "{steamid}" Group"
    },
    {
    "Steam": "OxideMod",
    "Oxide": "default"
    }
    ],
    "Update Interval (Seconds)": 10
    }

BUT i get this error:
    (10:00:54) | SteamGroups v0.3.2: Failed to load config file (is the config file corrupt?) (After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path '['Group Setup'][0].Oxide', line 5, position 26.)

(10:00:54) | Failed to initialize plugin 'SteamGroups v0.3.2' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path '['Group Setup'][0].Oxide', line 5, position 26.)

4. The plugin is asking for a oxide permission group name. You don't need to tell it to add a user because it's a plugin designed to do specifically this.

5. ok thanks heaps
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490130762][/DOUBLEPOST]
    for somereason its not working could u jump on discord and help me out?

6. Join:

You missed a , on line 5 incase that is your issue.

7. i cant seem to get it to work? is there anyway i can persoanly speak with u like discord,teamspeak or skype?

8. I posted a Discord link above "Join:"

9. how to get working the command: steammembers

i tried steammembers in console
    and /steammembers in-game
    but nothing...
    not errors, nothing...

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It processes in the background, there isn't really any output unless there are changes.

11. ok thanks wulf...
    mmm there is any way to test the working ?
    I mean... I just installed the new version and seems like players are not updated on the group.
    How to see it? can you add an output for the command and put something like this:
    XX PLAYERS ADDED TO GROUP XX
    XX PLAYERS REMOVED OF GROUP XX
    etc...

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There already is output when they are added if they aren't already in the group.

13. Code:
    06:48 [Info] [SteamGroups] Steam is currently not allowing connections from your server. (403)
    06:48 [Info] [SteamGroups] Trying again in 10 minutes...
    06:48 [Info] [SteamGroups] Steam is currently not allowing connections from your server. (403)
    06:52 [Info] [SteamGroups] Steam is currently not allowing connections from your server. (403)
    06:52 [Info] [SteamGroups] Trying again in 10 minutes...

Is this because I have multiple servers grabbing from the same steam group?

14. Having some problems after last update in game/oxide - SteamGroups no longer auto grant permissions :(. Not even after a /reload SteamGroups

Anyone having same problem ? .

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It assigns users to groups, it doesn't do any granting of permissions.

16. Yeah sorry It don't assign them to the group, not even after a reload of the plugin :(

No errors shown or anything

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could I see your config please?

18. i have so many errors
    [SteamGroups] Steam is currently not allowing connections from your server. (403)
    [SteamGroups] Steam is currently not allowing connections from your server. (403)

[SteamGroups] Trying again in 10 minutes...

how can i fix this

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  19. people seem to be unable to claim the steam kit. seems the plugin doenst autogrant the permissions anymore.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It doesn't grant any permissions, it adds users to a group. If users aren't getting permissions, they aren't in that group.