1. Hello and help please
    How u fixed this ?
    running LGSM linux hurtworld server and get this in log:
    Code:
    SteamAPI_GameServer.Init() failed.
    Closing network connections...
    Abort running Threads: 1
    Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
      Thread -> id: e10e6b40 -> priority: 1
    Unloaded all mods

if debbuging by command ./hwserver debug
    get this
    Code:
    [ INFO ] Stopping hurtworld-server: hurt.7worlds.ru is already stopped
    [  OK  ] Debug hurtworld-server: Starting debug
    Set current directory to /home/hwserver/serverfiles
    Found path: /home/hwserver/serverfiles/Hurtworld.x86

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you don't have any other servers already running on the same ports.

3. its the only one server that i try to run, also run rust exp on other port and it works fine. but im wondering how other people run hurtworlds servers. i tryed it on the old way/ instlling steam and making an .sh file to start the Hurtworld.x86 with following config: ./Hurtworld.x86 -batchmode -nographics -exec "host 12871;queryport 13871;maxplayers 60;servername hurt7worlds" -logfile output.txt. But i got the same

4. Is it possible you don't have Steam installed?

5. у меня тоде самое памогите
    Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: e10e6b40 -> priority: 1
    Unloaded all mods
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487741945][/DOUBLEPOST] upload_2017-2-22_13-39-4.png

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have a server already running on the ports shown in the log. Open Task Manager, close all Hurtworld.exe processes, and start the server gain.

7. After starting with ./_start.sh, server is trying to load and then finally after about 10 seconds server shuts down (crashes?), with this reason in logs.
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
    0]

When I switch from 64bit (Hurtworld.x86_64) to 32bit (Hurtworld.x86) version of engine it works but I'd like to make it work on 64bit engine

linux: debian-8.0-x86_64
    oxide: lastest
    startup log: link
    installing with: link (commands I'm using for installing hw server)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload (not paste) your server go here please?

9. I Get same problem
    Code:
    Setting up 6 worker threads for Enlighten.
      Thread -> id: 8e20 -> priority: 1
      Thread -> id: 2f28 -> priority: 1
      Thread -> id: 4730 -> priority: 1
      Thread -> id: 6e68 -> priority: 1
      Thread -> id: 3f30 -> priority: 1
      Thread -> id: 12ac -> priority: 1
    Unloaded all mods
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488559594][/DOUBLEPOST]ok . Just forget about bindip parm.

10. I also got the SteamAPI_GameServer.Init() failed issue. I tried to do all the things above and I haven't been able to fix the problem. I checked for the longest time and have not found a hurtworld.exe process running in my task manager. Restarted my pc. Nothing worked and I don't know what could be the problem anymore.

Attached Files:

11. Okay so I found the problem. Appearantly it couldn't load the map I wanted. Steam Workshop :: Terra Nova.
    I had host 12871 w-757228588 added both in autoexec and host. But appearently it doesn't like that. Might have any idea what could be the problem?

So without the map the server seems to be running, however I get this message now. I don't know if it is a problem or can be ignored?

Failed to run a 8.00 timer in 'Tornadoes v1.1.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.Tornadoes.<Loaded>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and I get, while loading some mods, this message a couple of times (with different mod id's).

Download finished with wrong item: expected 813160281, got 858979350
    Download finished with wrong item: expected 848948867, got 858979350

All these's ID's I'd like to install but I get these kinds of message a few times when loading all my mods (so some repeat). This seems crucial, though I don't know.

I'll add my (updated) gamelog again. If you need any more information you can just ask me.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Edit: When I try to connect to my server it gets stuck at "loading modds 100%". After a while it just redirects me back to the home screen.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  12. "Download finished with wrong item" isn't anything to worry about from what I've seen, the workshop mod will still work fine. I believe it is just telling you that it downloaded a newer version of the mod than the mod ID was originally used for.

Tornadoes is an unmaintained and unfinished mod. The error you get for it isn't anything harmful, however the tornadoes themselves do not function properly due to other underlying issues that were never able to get fixed. You'll notice that the tornadoes often times do not move, and when they do they get stuck on everything - due to unresolved conflicts with the mesh layer in V1. I was testing this one for the guys who made it and we were never able to get it working properly - and that mod team has split up and is now two separate mod teams. So I doubt tornadoes will ever be fixed in its original form, and definitely not on V1.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  13. Thanks a lot! Just deleted that mod and the plugins that were needed and the server works just fine now! Only need to find a way to load the Terra Nova map, if there is a way

14. Add w-757228588 after host 12871, its should look like "host 12871 w-757228588" to your host.bat file.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  15. Thank you, for some reason when I started creating my server it didnt work and would just shut down the server (and without the map not). But it seems it works now with all the adding and deleting of other mods/plugins and such. So thank you :)