1. I keep getting this error in my console when loading plugins like ImageLibrary, SignArtist and a couple others

Code:
    (21:44:51) | SqliteException: Could not open database file: server/my_server_identity/sv.files.0.db
    Been happening since Thursday wipe

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn’t an error from plugins, it is from Rust.

3. Just tried editing a sign and I got kicked with "RPC Error in UpdateSign" and the same
    Code:
    (22:43:17) | SqliteException: Could not open database file: server/my_server_identity/sv.files.0.db
    is that file missing and this is the cause of my problems? here is what my server folder looks like https://i.imgur.com/oAuNOsm.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2018
  4. same problems on my server. Got RPC error and disconnect, when tried to update sign or painting and when using /crosshair by ShowCrosshair plugin. And SqliteExeption spam in console.

5. Hello,

I'm coming with a rather strange issue that I just can't seem to solve. As soon as I setup my server from new, installing plugins whilst its on and configuring them there, it is all fine.

However, as soon as I restart it and try joining and waking up, I get kicked with RPC Error in AddUI in game and (SqliteException: Could not open database file: server/my_server_identity/sv.files.0.db) in console and when I disable the plugin causing this, I then get a different error RPC Error in SV_RequestFile with the same message in the console. caused by another plugin. Moreover, I do not have such directory on my server.

I've read from other threads that this issue isn't caused by Oxide, but Rust itself on how it sends images to players. I get that, but what I don't get is how do other servers manage to get it working?

The list of plugins from my server that seem to be causing problems are all those that have some sort of imagery:
    -KillFeed
    -Kits
    -ServerRewards
    -AdminPanel
    -HitIcon
    -SignArtist
    -LustyMap
    and ImageLibrary ?? Not sure about this one.

So my question here is, how do I get it working? It works until first restart after fresh server installation. I am clueless and will appreciate any and all help.

Thank you and best regards

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like the plugins are having trouble accessing the .db file from Rust. Could be locked somehow or the server doesn't have permissions to open/read it else it is corrupt.

7. Thank you for your prompt response. Is there any specific reason as to why? I have "+server.identity" "experimental" in my launch settings, and the sv.files.0.db database can be found in /server/experimental

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not really, I'm not familiar with how Rust handles that file. I'd just make sure that the user you are running the server under has permissions to that file. You may want to try opening it with an SQLite database browser as well to make sure it is readable.

9. Figured it out, if anyone has a similar issue then the solution is to create the directory that cannot be found. Having this issue (SqliteException: Could not open database file: server/my_server_identity/sv.files.0.db) I have simply created the directory server/my_server_identity/ and copied the database sv.files.0.db from /server/experimental to that newly created directory. It then successfully reads and writes to the database.

10. is it safe to delete that file? mine has balloooned to almost 10 gig in size.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd lose all sign images and any custom images stored there.

12. Thank you for answering.