1. hey guys how can i edit the server.cfg description tried multiple approaches but server shows up unamed server 500 player limit.. lgsm blocking me from editing the file?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think LGSM has anything to do with that file. Where exactly are you editing it at?

3. well when my server shows up in list trying to make it look like everyones else a full description when you click on the server like this guys server but when i try to put something like that in
    Code:
    #  A text description of your server. For a new line add:  \n
    server.description "LGSM Server\nRust support : UltimateByte"
    i get null server desription and saying my server cap is 500 players..

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, but where are you editing this at?

5. server.cfg

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, but where are you editing this at? ;)

I'm looking for the exact path in relation to your server identity.

7. seriously?
    Code:
    /home/rust/serverfiles/server/rust-server/cfg
    normally on windows i would just put it in command line but .. since lgsm got to be the odd ball have to do it differently..

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be able to do it either way if you really wanted to. Assuming "rust-server" is what you have set as the server.identity? Did you edit it while the server was offline, or did you use server.readcfg via RCON after saving it?

Could you upload your server.cfg here please? It's possible that there is part in it that is causing other parts of it to not be read, or perhaps all of it.

9. i got it working finally description comes up right now.

10. ignore me i was a dumbass instead of installing debain 8 lol i clicked on 7 by mistake..
    reinstalling now

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see any errors there.

12. i edited my post lol i screwed and picked debian 7 by mistake. in my panel at my dedicated host

13. So if I'm not using the LGSM, just a bash file for running 'RustDedicated'. How would I go about monitoring the server via Crontab/Cronjob? Would I have it monitor '/home/rustserver/rustserver/runserver.sh' with the user set as rustserver?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463329202][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, how would I have it monitor every minute as opposed to every three?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd most likely need to tail the desired log, there isn't any console though.

15. The performance is like on windows or better?

16. Hello ^^
    I have a Tmux Error after re-install of my server.
    Any tips ?

System: Debian 8 Linux
    Ram: 16GB
    Space: 400GB
    Connection: 10GB
    Code:
    May 22 07:09:45 rust-server: Starting: Unable to start Rusty Bitch MAP/SKILLS/HOMES/TRADING
    May 22 07:09:47 rust-server: Starting: Tmux error
    tmux new-session -d -s "rust-server" "./RustDedicated -batchmode +server.ip 185.101.92.134 +server.port 28015 +server.tickrate 100 +server.hostname "Rusty Bitch MAP/SKILLS/HOMES/TRADING" +server.identity "rust-server" +server.seed 0 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.worldsize 8000 +server.saveinterval 300 +rcon.ip 185.101.92.134 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "****" -logfile "gamelog-2016-05-22-07-09-42.log""
    create session failed: ./RustDedicated -batchmode +server.ip 185.101.92.134 +server.port 28015 +server.tickrate 100 +server.hostname "Rusty Bitch MAP/SKILLS/HOMES/TRADING" +server.identity "rust-server" +server.seed 0 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.worldsize 8000 +server.saveinterval 300 +rcon.ip 185.101.92.134 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "****" -logfile "gamelog-2016-05-22-07-09-42.log": No such file or directory

17. Is there any guide to compile Oxide for Linux?

18. There is a Linux build, why do you need to compile it?

19. Hey guys, i am using the LSGM, installed rustserver, installed oxide on a debian machine. Now is there a way to install plugins without using FTP

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could upload them via SSTP (shell), but you'd need either that or FTP or a way to download and extract from a remote location.