1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then you'd most likely set it up the same way via a project with references else perhaps open a folder with the DLLs there for it to find.

2. When you mention the dependency aspect, is that why when I open the Rust.csproj from your plugins work, it complains about a bunch of missing *.cs files like Inbox.cs and about 20 other *.cs files? Or is that something else? Because for a lot of those, I don't seem to be able to find them in the plugin search here

3. You lost me on number 5 where do i get these files?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, those are just my plugins, which you can remove from the projects in Visual Studio or manually. References are the DLLs you'd add such as Assembly-CSharp.dll and other DLLs as needed by your project, most of which are under RustDedicated_Data/Managed in your server files.

5. Thanks dad

6. Can I use a step-through debugging of the project? Is that possible?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which project?

8. New Plugin

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Visual Studio will provide feedback for any code-related errors, but there's no way to trigger hooks individually and handle all of the information sent to plugins without running a server.

10. I have a server but I do not know how to start debugging in Visual Studio with using the Rust Oxide server.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There isn't really a way without developing your own mini server for Visual Studio.

12. Thank you

13. What about javascript? Once I get to where it asks for a template after clicking create a template, I go to javascript and there arn't any templates. Well for Rust that is. Help please! (Forget about the background I was just trying to figure it out myself) Desktop 11.22.2016 - 22.31.11.03.png

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not at all familiar with JavaScript, so you'd know as much as me with that. I've never used JavaScript in Visual Studio.

15. So if I were to switch to C# do you think I would need to know any background knowledge or can I just use this? Oxide API for Rust

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to know some basics for any language you use if you don't want to fumble around and just copy/paste, but it really depends on how easy you pickup and learn.

17. NOP

NOP

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! It's working beautifully in Visual Studio 2015.

18. Is there any tutorial on how to do this wulf?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not currently that I know of, but Git and Visual Studio tutorials would generally be what you need.

20. Visual Studio 2017