1. Hello,

I've recently set up a dedicated server with OVH.

It's been working fine up until today... The server is being hosted on another machine and yet I can connect to the server on my actual computer.

My friends can neither see/nor connect (via IP) but I can?

As I've said, this has only happened within the last 24 hours and I have no idea why, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. You have no server or rcon ip in that file
    I also need the server.identity
    I can make you one if you give me this info

As I dont know what your ip is as you never gave that info then use notepad++ and change the ip

And you should of already got this all set up by your host when you started to rent the box

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
  3. I've tried your batch file, still nothing.

The thing that is strange for me is that I can see it on my own computer....

I can't understand why I can see it and my friends can't if the server is being run of the dedicated server and not my computer?? It makes no sense?!

4. When the server is running on your pc its behind a router and windows firewall you must allow the ports in them before others can see it but if your renting a server from a host there is no point in having a server running from your pc

5. Sorry I don't know if I've explained it very well....

The server is running off the dedicated server..... I can see the server on my PC when searching for it in the server list.

However, my friends cannot see the server in the list and cannot even connect too it via IP.

6. I said already you have no ip in the bat file it needs added its why i made you one above

7. I've tried your file and input all the missing information but is still does not work...

8. You need to talk to your host they set things up in a different way for the bat file

9. It's a dedicated server (port 28015 has been opened) and so it's however I set it up, as I said it was working the other day but suddenly stopped.

I did remove oxide and saw the following in the server: ""[Manifest] URI IS "https://api.facepunch.com/api/public/manifest/?public_key=j0VF6sNnzn9rwt9qTZtI02zTYK8PRdN1"

I had a look at this and it appears to be the server block list by facepunch... My IP isn't on there (145.239.205.23:28015) and I've contacted facepunch and they confirm it's not been black-listed.... I literally cannot think of anything else though.

With oxide installed the server states: "[DEBUG] IP address from command-line: 145.239.205.23"... Both of these are things I have never seen before.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The server.ip and server.identity are never a required. You only need to set parameters if you wish to change them from the default handling/values.

First message with the [Manifest] has nothing to do with Oxide. Second with the [DEBUG] is just Oxide getting your IP address for its API usage.

11. Did you change the bat file server and rcon ip to 145.239.205.23 from 0.0.0.0 using notepad++ you will need to change the rcon password as anyone can see what you have now

Attached Files:

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Honestly sounds like there is a networking setup issue with the host, not the game server itself. Fiddling with your .bat to set/remove unnecessary changes like the above will not resolve the issue. If nobody aside from yourself can connect, then that would imply that something is likely blocking connections to that machine aside from you.

13. "If nobody aside from yourself can connect, then that would imply that something is likely blocking connections to that machine aside from you."

I assumed as much myself, but cannot fathom why this is happening.

Thanks for the reply.

14. Thank you both for the replies.

I have found the issue. It turns out that if you use OVH for a dedicated server they have their own firewall that blocks connections on their website control panel. All I needed to do was allow port 28015... So simple once you know :D