Solved Server freezing on startup

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by shorbz, May 4, 2017.

1. When I open it, it starts but seems to "freeze" before anything shows up, or after the first 2 command lines show up. After that, nothing else shows up.

2. ok so, when opening the dedicated server, it will forward to where it runs RustDedicated.exe and the commands start going down the screen. It will either "freeze" before doing so, or "freeze" after these 2 command lines show up.

Loading Items Took: 3.4100323 seconds
    Building Items Took: 3.4741701 seconds / Items: 325 / Blueprints: 213

I'm hosting the server on SavasIsland_koth and it did the same thing when I tried it before. I only managed to get the server up once. Otherwise, it usually works if I just use procedural map. To "recreate" the bug, I guess just host it on SavasIsland_koth, it's a pretty common thing to happen for me.

3. post what you have in your bat file and upload your output_log make sure you edit out the rcon password from both first

I am going to bed soon so if I dont answer I am sure @Wulf will help

4. I had a similar issue, what worked for me was deleting the "storage" folder, however keep in mind that'll destroy your player's signs.

5. Wait 10-15 minutes.its take long time before server start and something happend

6. Sorry for late reply, but I left it open while it was "frozen" and eventually it worked, pretty weird but I just had to be super patient.