1. So sad :(
    I would be happy just with a fix for this problem and the signs... No new content, just a fix :)

2. They are too busy breaking stuff to fix that hehe

3. Even with the latest update (Protocol 1321), I'm having this issue.

Sudden crashs at random, no error in the console, players don't get disconnected but can't interract with things or talk, ...

In order to fix this, I've set up the EXACT same server and launched it (public, ...) but nobody joining it (blocked the port to hide it from the list), and the uptime is over 24H by now.

So my guess is it comes either from a bug in Rust (since multiples updates now) fired by a player doing "something", or from one of our plugin.

Does anybody still have this issue to compare our list ?

4. I guarantee it's the bolded issue. Happens much more often with 100+ players online, and it happens in "batches," which indicates that the offending player is rejoining and doing the same thing again, thus causing the crash. My theory.

5. You're having the same issue ?

On what kind of server are you launching your Rust ? VM ? Windows Server ? ... ?

6. Windows server 2008 R2. Full, bare box.

It doesn't happen often, but at least once per day if I had to guess, and then subsequently in batches of 2-3 times, then it stops.

7. And you have no error whatsoever ? You just can't type in command into the terminal and players don't get disconnected until you stop the server ?

(Please say yes, I'm feeling lonely o/)

8. Correct. I get an error dialog box (RustDedicated.exe has stopped working), and I have a macro setup to click 'Ok' since my restarter doesn't work unless that dialog box is closed. It annoys people (and rolls back), but it's not enough to get me to seriously fume over it.

9. I don't have an error dialog box, but I'm not using any restarter, so it might just be that.

And YES ! I'm not the only one !

Could you share a list of your plugins ? So we can compare them ?

10. I'm at work man, sorry.

Like I said, this isn't a big enough issue to drive away people from my server and it's most likely a Rust issue anyway. I've found lately that almost all problems can be traced to Rust's general instability, at least on the server-side of things.

Trying to find a culprit plugin will just make you pull your hair out.

11. Yet, I can't let my server just crash randomly, hoping that me or my co-admin is around for eternity.

Fixing the issue might be a good idea :D

I understand if you don't wan't to participate in this, but could you just share your plugins list when you come back ? Thanks :)

12. Get a restarter like I do so you won't have to worry about it.

13. If you don't mind sharing yours :D

14. p-TimedExecute and check the FAQ page of the plugin // done.

15. To restart every X hours, yes.

But the server is crashing randomly after 1 to 16 hours :)

And even tho, you can't type command in the terminal :)

16. My server also crash all the time using Oxide 2.0.1379 for Rust protocol 1321 . I'm hosting on a dadicated Windows Server 2012 R2.
    When the server crashes it's because rustdedicated.exe "stopped working". Right beforhand of a crash the CPU goes from 12-16% up to 100% instant. Nothing in the logs like it never happend.

All plugins are updated (except R-Remove Tool).

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The best thing you can do is remove Oxide and plugins, and see if you can reproduce it with just vanilla Rust. That helps rule out a lot.

18. Update me on things boys!

19. Hey Guys, i have the Same Problem, the Server is crashing ramdomly with not many Players on it

20. I have a fresh Vanilla Server and it crashes every other hour basically. Any tips?