1. Me and friends have had a server up before on RoK. We are trying to install oxide we've followed multiple sets of instructions on how to install it and it does the same thing every time.

We copy over the files and start up the server from a fresh install of both. No console pops up and server never really starts.

We followed:
    1. Stop your Reign of Kings server via your server host's control panel.
    2. Verify your server is updated by running SteamCMD via your server host's control panel.
    3. Download Oxide for Reign of Kings release build zip at http://oxidemod.org/downloads/oxide-for-reign-of-kings.950/.
    4. Extract the zip to a folder and open that folder. You should see numerous files (Ex. CSharpCompiler.exe) and a folder (ROK_Data).
    5. Open your FTP client and enter the FTP details provided to your by your server host.
    6. Browse to your server's root/main directory, where ROK.exe is located.
    7. Copy ALL of the files from the extract Oxide zip to the root/main directory, where ROK.exe is located.
    8. Start your server, and done!

We are at a loss of things to try. Server works before attempting to install. Once we install Oxide... Console never appears. We've redownloaded repeatedly. The works, any help someone can provide would be greatly welcome.

Windows 7 64bit

2. are you using a hosting company or running this on a home pc?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Alpha 15 update for RoK includes its own console, so for right now all you'd do is start Server.exe.

4. Also, I've noticed that if you change the name of the containing folder (for example, "Reign of Kings SERVER"), then the Server.exe will fail, because it can't find the start file any more.
    I've had to make sure to keep the folder named "Reign of Kings" to fix this.

5. It probably stores the folder somewhere on the first run as my installation is running from the folder "Latest" without any issues :) I think I remember seeing it store some data in the registry when checking the decompiled server.exe