1. I need a plugin that act like a referral page. It can work like kit plugin. but instead of /kit <name>, it's /refer <steamid> and it's a once time usage. when the player uses the refer command, the play get an item and the referrer get an item too. Also make it so that once they enter their referrer id, they can't use that plugin again

2. yeah this is needed.

3. I am interrested in this. Actually planned to do this a long time ago. How would you like it to work? Player who was reffered to the server types in a command and the other player gets a refferal point, or player uses a command, and the reffered player needs to accept it?

4. I would do it, the player inviting generates an "invite code". The invite code has the kit information etc, player who created the invite, expiry. They can redeem the code via command or gui

Perhaps a kit for person who created invite and a kit for the person joining, so that when the person redeems invite the creator can also get a kit (if defined)

Max invites 3-5 etc

5. yeah max invites to stop abuse would be nice
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452799613][/DOUBLEPOST]and the code would be nice, but how would we get it to clipboard as writing it down would suck balls.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452799731][/DOUBLEPOST]or a command actually good point hydra, I've added you and I'll add norn too on steam I'd like to see what you are doing, and I will happily test this on my server.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452802939][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe reward after the person invited has had say 5 hours ingame.

6. Still interested in this?

7. So with me having a new server and all the main issue is getting players. Right now I'm only getting about 5-8 on at a time and I was wondering if someone if someone could code a plugin that can someone make it so if a player were to get one of his friends in the server also then he would be rewarded with credits/items. Let me know what you think and if it's possible. Thanks!

8. this is not a bad idea actually . sounds very interesting . more player = more rewards . the rewards can be kits . so if player invites a player and gives him a code . that player types in the code /ref 14522 - both players get the same reward . so /kit reward. can be used for as many players that player invites . 1 person can use the code once . hmmm i could see this happening very good idea

9. will look into this
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456774545,1456753533][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i dont know if i should release this
    its very alpha

10. this is exactly what I was thinking about! Great job! Hope to see it out soon

11. What are you not sure about? if you got any questions on how to improve the code I would be happy to chat, and so would a few other devs, there are some very friendly/helpful devs on this server.

12. If you guys do end up finishing this i'd love to test it. I'm keeping my eyes out for a plugin dev that i can personally pay for private plugins in due time

13. What type of plugins are you looking for, currently im commissioned for one, but may be free in about a week, else im just making my own mods.

14. May i see a portfolio? Or a list of plugins that you have made?

15. So I have create a few small simple plugins of items that already existed (for example admin inventory wipe) while I was learning, I have been currently working on a few RPG mods, you can look at ThiefAPI, I am waiting for my other simple mod to be verified once it does I have added a few features.
    Other than that I cant give specifics about my commissioned mod until it is made availalbe to the public, but it basically is a mod that controls RDM (random death match) for RPG servers so they can reduce the amount of RDM.
    Im happy to private chat if you would like, another person who is really good and I can recommend is @k1lly0u, he has in a way been teaching me since I got into modding for rust, also laserhyda has assisted me in the past.

16. Just wondering if anyone knows of a simple referral command system, identical to Playtime Tracker but without economics and that rewards in-game items.

Some Points:
    • Rewards given are in-game items such as: 1000 High Quality Metal
    • Server should automatically give referee and referral the item upon command activation.
    • Configurable cooldown on referrals a day to prevent abuse.
    • Configurable amount of referrals in lifetime.
    • If a dev wanted to get fancy: make the referee rewards scale-able for each consecutive referral.
    • @k1lly0u in case you would want to add these features to your current PT Plugin.

17. I can do the cool down's and max amount of referrals but item giving doesn't fit in to a universal plugin. That is intention of ServerRewards

18. I too am looking for something like this. I would love if a player could invite a friend and if the invited friend joins, both players get something. If the new player then plays a set amount of time, one or both players get something again.

It would be awesome to be able to set the items/points/etc given, of course as well, as the second reward time frame.

For example:

1. Player A invites Player B.
    2. Player A joins. Player B and Player A get reward.
    3. Player A plays 1 month, Player A gets the second (maybe last) reward. Depending on settings Player B may get rewarded again too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  19. How would the player refer another? All I can think of is Steam ID.

20. That seems like a decent idea, though I don't know if it would be confusing to players.

It would be cool if New Player could join and type something in the chat 'like' /OldPlayer Sent NewPlayer and the system knows what to do with both of those names.

I don't know. Something along those lines.