1. I'm hosting my own oxide server, portforwarding with my bell router. Tried following youtube videos for port forwarding but none seem to help me.

I think it's an issue with the bat file, I'm not sure:
    :START
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 28015 +server.hostname "The Rusty Spoon" +server.identity "my_server" +server.maxplayers 50 +server.worldsize 5000 +server.saveinterval 600 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "1234" -logfile logfilename.log"
    GOTO START

Here is my port forwarding rule:
    pfr.png

I can connect directly in the console using client.connect (ipv4:28015)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You most likely won't see the server yourself if you're looking behind your own router, others should though.

3. I'll get a friend to try connecting to it, thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2018
  4. @Wulf

A friend successfully connected by using client.connect because they couldn't find the server in the server list. How do I get it to show up there? Will it take a few hours to come up?

5. You can connect to your own server with client.connect localhost:28015

others will see it in modded list if you have mods on the server, otherwise it should show up in community. Try giving it a very obvious name and searching for that, or better yet let your friend do it.

6. You missed a few this in your bat file try this one rename it to what you want and edit it with notepad++ and edit the rcon password

Attached Files:

• bat.bat
      File size:
      724 bytes
      Views: