1. I've created an oxide rust server with the default port (28015-28016, both TCP and UDP forwarded) and i'm very confused because two of my friends as of last night were able to join the server, yet the third was unable to. We figured it was a problem on his end as he was the only one unable to join, yet when I tested this morning by joining through my own external IP it failed to connect and stated "Disconnected: Connection Attempt Failed." I've also tried some other game servers to make sure I wasn't making an error when port forwarding. Minecraft, for example, went smoothly and port forwarding allowed me to connect immediately, so I don't think it is a problem with port forwarding. It seems extremely odd to me that some of my friends were able to join the server last night, yet I cannot join my own server using my external IP. I've tried changing the port of the server and forwarding that, with the same results. As well, when the server is running, port checker websites tell me that 28015 is closed but 28016 is opened. Any ideas?

2. ports needs opened in router as well as windows firewall and any software programs being run like many antivirus programs have built in firewalls

3. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did open the port in windows firewall. When that didn't work I completely disabled windows firewall as well as closed Malwarebytes. Still, no results.

4. closing it will not work as part of it still runs in the back ground. What version of windows are you running and post pc specs

5. Windows 10.

6. 10 is not the best to run a server from as its very security based

7. Well, that's not helpful. Surely there's many people running off windows 10 without problem. What makes my circumstance different?

8. I never said it cant run from windows 10 I said because of that version its not the best to use you should just go rent a host less problems