Political Survival

Become the President, tax the server, and subjugate everyone!

Total Downloads: 772 - First Release: May 13, 2016 - Last Update: Jun 10, 2018

5/5, 13 likes
  1. Without knowing SQL, we won't be able to make this work. I've learned.

2. You'll be able to make it work fine. I just need to test this on a local server and make it work like I have done with my personal plugins. I coded this over a year ago now, and it really needs updating. Please be patient.

3. Jonty, how can I contact you so we can talk? You are looking to revive Embankment? I'd like to help with that if you're still looking.

4. Since I started remaking Embankment, the original devs rushed to beat me to the punch. I've renamed my script to Siege, and it is active on 2 servers right now, mostly bug free and fully automated.

Steam Community :: Jonty | RustSiege feel free to add me.

5. Jonty. You are my hero.

6. Could you guys verify the tax level is actually above 0? The President will manually have to set this when claimed, as when a new President is created, the tax level is automatically set to 0. /settax 20

Edit: Nevermind - is now listed on my todo as a bug to fix. Working on this now w/ @Norman 2 and will do further tests on my home server tonight. Apologies.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  7. Can you define an area or does this apply to the entire map? I would like to have just a part of the map be "claimable" and have players fight over that part but let others play as normal on other parts.

If this is possible how would one go about it?

8. Entire map.

9. /settaxchest - Presidents can use this command and then hit a chest to set where they want their tax to go
    excuse me for being stupid but what does "hit a chest" mean?
    Thanks

10. How can I make it so this will take effect on the snow biome only?

11. You can't.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503118576][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hit a chest? Use a melee weapon on a chest? Pretty self explanatory.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1503118607][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It is not possible within the current plugin. You would have to make that yourself.

12. every time is use /settax 25, it said its changed to 25, but when i type /pinfo, it says that its 0 on taxes

13. I have installed the current verison of the Politcal Survial along with the My SQL on the server. I took presidency, I created the tax chest, I set the tax rate. And when I checked the /pinfo it gave all the correct information except the tax rate went back to 0. I had a friend kill me. The program worked in regards to taking over the president role. They set the tax chest, they set the tax rate and again it showed that it was set to the amount but when we checked the information it said 0 again. How do I fix the current tax rate? I will guess that is what is causing ie the wood being placed in the box to not reduce since the tax rate keeps showing 0 after being set. I am also wondering is there a way to rename the term "President"? We are doing role playing on the server with pirates and thought it would be funny to have it say something like "captain blackbeard" or something. Since the captains took a cut of the loot.

14. Hi i am having the same problem , i think its something to do with My SQL as i have no idea how to set this up :
    and you will want to execute the following queries:
    Code (Text):
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `players`;
    CREATE TABLE `players` (
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    `steam_id` bigint(100) DEFAULT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=1 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `settings`;
    CREATE TABLE `settings` (
    `president` bigint(100) DEFAULT '0',
    `tax_level` double(11,0) DEFAULT '0',
    `realm_name` varchar(50) DEFAULT 'The land of StrayRust',
    `tax_chest` varchar(255) DEFAULT '0;0;0'
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

INSERT INTO `settings` VALUES ('0', '0', 'Land of the Free', '0;0;0');
    [DOUBLEPOST=1505456982][/DOUBLEPOST]As i have put in my reply to MYNala can anybody help me set up My SQL , as the only thing that's not working is the tax
    this is the config json file :
    {
    "Database": {
    "Host": "81.19.208.3",
    "Name": "00000",
    "Password": "00000",
    "Port": "3306",
    "Username": "00000" (with my details set to 0's)
    }
    }
    and MY SQL page as a png at the bottom i have no idea how to "and you will want to execute the following queries:"
    Call me what you want to but i need help as i really want to run this mod on my server so any help will be appreciated
    Cheers Simon

Attached Files:

15. I was wondering, any possible way i could make this work with factions; only town faction would be getting taxed as everyone else who doesn't want to get taxed can/will live out of town.

16. how can i get stuff in the chest vhen its saing tax is 20 and on oin ifo is 0

17. Best plugin!

18. Hello, it seems that there is a problem when trying to define the tax box. In the database, the information that appears to be the coordinate of where the vault is located does not update and stays at 0; 0; 0
    Since there have been no updates since the problems on processing or conversion variables, maybe it's just a side effect following the updates of a few months ago. But as I do not see activity @Jonty for more than 6 months ... Thank you in advance.

Sorry after having reset the database several times, it seems to be good, but against no tax arrives in the chest and there was indeed the confirmation message that the chest had been defined and its coordinates are well save in the database.
    Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  19. Last time I messed around with this plugin on my server, it was working. There may have been a Rust update that broke the plugin, unsure.

Simply don't have the time to create and maintain Rust plugins anymore, working 60 hour weeks and barely have time for myself. If someone wants to continue maintaining this plugin, they have my blessing. Apologies that the plugin is not working as intended guys.

20. I have started to fix some of the little bugs with this plugin and have even added few new features on my server. One of the changes is the occasional leak of the grid the president is in. If anyone would like a copy of my changes send me a PM.