Permadeath

Simple plugin that deletes all of a player's entities after a certain amount of deaths.

Total Downloads: 104 - First Release: Jun 5, 2017 - Last Update: Jun 5, 2017

5/5, 4 likes
  1. Kappasaurus submitted a new resource:

Permadeath - Simple plugin that deletes all of a player's entities after a certain amount of deaths.

Read more about this resource...

2. @Kappasaurus
    Hey man , Would it be possible to ban the player for 24 hrs and they he can rejoin the server after his/her time ends, instead of waiting for the next monthly wipe ?

but you dont reset any of the player's data, ideally for him/her to go back , this makes them value their life much more , You should also give the server owner the option to set the amout of hrs/ mins/seconds he/she wants to temp Ban the player from the server to wait for his / her next life

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  3. Sure, but I'd have to make the plugin intercept the player's connection, otherwise if it's not loaded they would never be unbanned.

4. Can it be done ?
    And are there any negative effects if the plugin were to do that ?

I was thinking it would be the same as If I were a server owner and someone breaks the rules You permanent ban them(for example)
    so they would try and join back , the server allows you to join but as soon as it is in it reads your UID / IP and kicks you from the server due to being banned.

Let me know what you think

Edit:

OK I see what you mean , the player will be unbanned if you place a temp ban for 24 hrs
    I did some digging and came across this plugin

Enhanced Ban System
    Enhanced Ban System | Oxide

Chat/Console Commands:
    /ban <name/steamID/IP/RangeIP> <optional: reason> <optional: time in seconds>

The optional part is where you ban the player for 24 hrs

an then the player would be unbanned automatically unbanned when the time ran out

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
  5. dude plz add feture dead ban until next wipe and also a cooldown like 2 days to permadeath wil be turned on and make a data file for banned players so delete it means all dead unbaned

6. @Kappasaurus

Any update on the modification on the mod , so that the owner can set the ban time to say:
    • 0 hrs - 30 mins - 1800 sec
    • 1 hrs - 60 mins - 3600 sec
    • 2 hrs - 120 mins - 7200 sec
    • 3 hrs - 180 mins - 10800 sec
    • 4 hrs - 240 mins - 14400 sec
    • 5 hrs - 300 mins - 18000 sec
    • 6 hrs - 360 mins - 21600 sec
    • Next wipe (needs to be unbaned)

7. G'day Mate

Just wondering if entities includes structures? and if it does what happens if someone has built part of the base and someone else the other part?

8. If effects anything they place.

9. Im glad to see other people interested in this!

For a timed ban, would need to keep track of Date/Time player was banned, and then when player tries to connect, check their Date/Time and do difference between DateTime.Now and BannedDateTime, and check if that difference is greater than their tempban time

Multiple levels of tempbans is a little more tricky, would have to keep track of how many times a player has been temp banned.

So in general youd need to have this sort of data structure:

steamID, BannedDateTime, NumberOfDeaths

and then a config file that has:

NumberOfDeaths, AmountOfTimeToBan

10. I have a server and here is what I would like when I have this mod

I would like to see that when a player dies he / she would be banned for the amount of time I have stetted in the config file
    so for arguments sake, if the player dies they would be temp banned for 1 hr

after the player comes back he can spawn in his bed and resume playing
    If the player dies again , he gets banned for another hr, and so on and so forth

Would love to implement this mod asap

11. What your asking for is not at all difficult, but I feel as if it may over bloat the plugin for no reason. Now a good compromise between ideas in my opinion is forcing a player into spectate, but then you have the issue of ghosting. If you ban a player that's a fantastic way to kill your server. In the hour that they have to wait, I'm sure they will just go start again somewhere else. Therefor, I do not see much reason.

12. Sounds like we need a second Permadeath Plugin ;)

Or this could be an additional feature to this plugin that is disabled by default unless set to true in the config

13. I could add it, but it really seems like a good way to kill your server. Let's see what people think.

14. question:

if i set 5 lives, somebody is 5x death, its destroy all ! if death number 6 is coming, it destroy again all or the player has again 5 deaths left ?
    and the plugins works not well:

i die one time, and the plugin says 2 times (woundet one time and death one time = 2 time)

woundet is NOT = death, because somebody can help me and so u dont die.
    u must change the plugin code exclusive woundet ... ony finish death is correct !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. So is this still supported because in it's current state it doesn't work.

16. EDIT: WOW I'M AN IDIOT! I didn't realize it deleted entities instead of kick/banning the player.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018