1. Hi
    Ive raised an issue with my server provider about how there oxide update functionality is no longer working.

this is there response,

"seems they enabled SSL for Oxide website and all automatic methods that existed to update plugins stopped working, we disabled that feature for now, let's hope it's a temporary change from their side, or they came up with alternatives, for now, plugins need to be updated manually

when running the auto updater it cannot create a SSL/TLS connection

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Any work around as I have too many plugins to update manually all the time

Kind Regards

Deckard

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The limitation is with Mono and Unity, nothing Oxide can really do for it as there aren’t really any options for compatible libraries that would support what is needed. Any tool that supports the type of SSL certificate that the host for this site implemented would still work.

For a full explanation on the issue, see Oxide community just got updated. This was not a planned update on our end, we don’t manage the hosting.

3. I get this error message whenever i try to download a plugin
    Code:
    Logging into oxidemod.org... Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()   at System.Net.CookieAwareWebClient.Login(String loginPageAddress, NameValueCollection loginData)   at Xenforo.Program.Main(String[] args)Process exited with code -532462766
    Plz lemme download plugins so i can finally host my server lol
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517182330][/DOUBLEPOST] Sorry for double didnt notice

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  4. @Wulf We know you don't manage the host but can you please talk to them. Forcing SSL was the stupidest thing to ever do. A lot of things are broken and it's just unnecessary.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The host added an "insecure" subdomain that doesn't use SSL, but it'll only work with the exact name and ID of the plugin that the normal URL would contain. Example:
    Code:
    http://insecure.oxidemod.org/plugins/discordmessages.2486/

6. now i know its not the sll that slows down your site. It's still slow. Just curious. When you planning on moving to uMod? I really like that site since it's fast and looks pretty.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Still working on things and migrating/fixing plugins, so it'll probably be awhile before it's all available there.

8. Can confirm the plugin installer from Fragnet is working again.
    Code:
    Hi Pascal,Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Oxide plugin installer has now been fixed, you can use it as intended now.

9. hello im new to hosting and i recieve this error when using oxide plugin installer to install a plugin. Is there something Im not understanding here? Im going through a provider btw

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You’d need to contact your provider for a fix. A solution is mentioned previously.

11. Okay I thought so, I wasn't sure if there was anything else I could do. Thank you for the response man