1. Hello,

Would there be anyone here that may know of or would be able to create a bridge that would allow admins to manage their bans via sourcebans (sb)? Originally sb was made for source engine games. However the web database I would think could be manipulated to work for any games. Ideally I would like to see if I can get this software to add/remove bans from a rust server via the web interface. As well as using it in game for those that have the permissions.

Requested Features (Nutshell)
    1) Allow for the web interface to send and retrieve information from game server
    2) Allow for banning on both web server and game server
    3) Create a permission group to use this for preferred both web and server but minimum server to ban using sb.ban <Playername/ID> <Time> (Zero being permanent and in minutes not seconds)

For anyone who is willing to take this on I can create you a site to work off or direct you to the sb web files. Thanks for taking your time to check this out and I hope to hear back from someone!

OneShot

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't store its own bans, but you could take an existing plugin such as Enhanced Ban System and add support for SourceBans fairly easily.

3. Thanks for the fast response! That plugin looks actually pretty great! I would not however know how to get the two to communicate properly. If you or someone would be willing to assist that would be amazing! I would be willing to compensate for this as well.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That might be something you could request in the plugin's support thread to see if the developer would consider adding it.

5. Looks as if there was no takers on this from the Enhanced Ban System. For anyone that is interested again I am willing to compensate the individual that helps with this.

6. Just wanted to revisit this to see if anyone is looking to pick up a plugin for development or rather a bridge.

Web Side
    • When banned on the site it would add to the server with the corresponding reason, user and length
    • Utilize Sourcebans permission flags to assign admin levels and authenticity
    • May need to add the 64bit ID field or something to convert the standard to 64bit for the admin
    Server Side
    • When banned on the server it would add to the site with the corresponding reason, user and length
    • Assign permissions flags that correspond to the Website
    • Unban after the defined length has passed
    I believe this is all that may be required, not 100% sure as my ideas come and go lol. But if I think of anything will surly add here. I am also looking for someone with more web knowledge to make a Xenforo integration that would essentially make the Bans site use the User Database and Groups from the forums as well as a thread that posts the bans. Ideally I would like to create a one stop and shop where the bans are all handled on the forums and not on the sourcebans page. If that is something your interested in please contact me via PM.

Thanks,

OneShot23