1. I am having troubles with Permissions. I downloaded the Oxide file and dragged to Rust folder. I then checked my new server that I'm hosting through Survivalservers.com to see if Oxide was showing installed. It shows that it is. Now I'm trying to add a pluggin called Deathnotes. It's not letting me configure the addin in the ingame consol because I have no permissions. I type in oxide.grant user Misclick add permissions and it rejects me with " you don't have permissions to use oxide.grant". This shows up for oxide.group and so on. I don't know how to fix this. Please help!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's a permissions tutorial under the Guides & Tips forum section. You can't grant permissions if you aren't admin or don't have the permission to do so, as that would negate the permissions system.

3. right, but where do I put the code in? do I put the code in the oxide config file? and if so, how do I do that?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please read the tutorial at Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide, it goes over this.

5. It has all the needed info on the link wulf posted

6. Ive been working at this for two hours and not found a direct path of directions to follow to get this to work, so.

7. in rcon type these
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.admin
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use.small
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use.medium
    oxide.grant group admin backpacks.use.large
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use.small
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use.medium
    oxide.grant group default backpacks.use.large
    oxide.grant group moderator backpacks.use
    oxide.grant group moderator backpacks.use.small
    oxide.grant group moderator backpacks.use.medium
    oxide.grant group moderator backpacks.use.large

if you not an admin yet you will need to do this in rcon type
    ownerid steamid64 "player name" "admin" <---- replace steamid64 and player name with your own
    then
    server.writecfg
    then relog if in game

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please do not bump old threads. If you are having issues with a specific plugin, please use its support thread. The permissions tutorial is a general overview on how to use permissions, not the exact command for every single plugin on the site.