1. Hello, i bought a serverhost for rust yesterday. Wondering if there is anyone who could setup plugins for me? (Custom loot, gather rates, commands, kits, infopanels) I can pay for the work done. Thanks.

2. I wouldn't recommend paying someone to do it. If you're going to be running the server, you need to be able to address any issues that arise... including, but not limited to, common maintenance tasks such as updating the game's server files after each Rust update, updating Oxide, updating plugins, and replacing or fixing plugins that are no longer maintained and quit working.

If you don't go the route of actually fixing the plugins that quit working (requires C# programming), there's not really much to setting it up and stuff, just a bit time consuming. Once you get oxide installed, just drop the plugin files into the "oxide/plugins" directory. They hot-reload, so soon as you drop them in or remove them, they load/unload themselves.

Before getting started, make sure you're connected to the remote console to see what's happening on the server and make yourself an admin.
    • You can use an Rcon tool like [RustAdmin]
    • Add yourself as an admin in the server
      1. Open RustAdmin
      2. [RustAdmin] Go to the "Configure" tab and enter your server information
      3. [RustAdmin] Click "Server" > "Connect"
      4. Launch Rust
      5. [Rust] Connect to your server
      6. [RustAdmin] Go to the "Players" tab
      7. [RustAdmin] Right-click your name in the list then "Copy SteamID"
      8. [RustAdmin] Go to the "Console" tab
      9. [RustAdmin] In the "Type a command to execute" box at the bottom, type:
        Code:
        ownerid <steamid> "<player name>" "<reason>"
        server.writecfg
        Note: Each line is a separate command. The <, >, and everything inside them should be replaced with your information.
      10. [Rust] Disconnect and reconnect for the changes to take effect
      11. [Rust] Press "F1", click "Console", type "bind L noclip"
      12. [Rust] Press "Esc" to exit the console, press "L", and then hold down "Space"
        Note: If you're now flying, you've done everything right and are now an admin. Press "L" again to disable noclip. Don't do this from too high up or you'll plummet to your death.

Once you've done that, [browse] or [search] the plugin repository to find plugins you want. Read the plugin descriptions for details on what they do and any relevant information on the commands, settings, and permissions that it provides or makes use of.

For example:
    • If the plugin has configuration options you wish to change
      Edit the oxide/config/<plugin_name>.json file
    • If the plugin uses permissions
      Here's [a thread] Wulf created that explains how to use the permissions system

Hope this helps!
    Happy rusting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
  3. Thanks to both of you! I have got the server up and running with some plugins working great! What i am stuck on is the GUIShop, and the Loot plugins. I would like to use some files which is already premade, so i can edit. Takes a long time to code in every little item. Is there a faster way?

4. I'm not a fan of shops, so I've never used them... as for altering the loot, I normally just alter the rate not the actual items - for that purpose I tend to stick to things like [Magic Loot].

As for example config files, I'd say your best bet is to skim through the support posts of whichever plugin you're using to see if anyone has shared their config... or politely ask if anyone is willing to share theirs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
  5. I use magicloot for about 5 months now never had a problem with it and ezpz to setup

6. I sent you a message about GUIShop @JoakimR - And I agree. Don't pay anyone to do anything for your server - best way to learn is dig into the files and learn it yourself... it will take a while to understand possibly.... but its the best way to learn.