1. Hello,

I would like to make my own plugins for hurtworld using lua as i know a lot of this language, but i don't find any documentation on how to make a plugin for hurtworld using lua. Can anyone help me get started or simply send my a lua plugin similar to what a hurtworld plugin in lua would look like so i can learn by my own?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's pretty much the same as with Rust plugins, aside from the game specific things that you'd need to find in the game's Assembly-CSharp.dll.

The current hooks can be found on the Download page for Oxide for Hurtworld, and the general Docs can be found in the navbar too.

3. i succesfully decomplied Assembly-CSharp.dll, but do you have a hint as to where i should look at to see the functions in the game? For example, how do i send a chat message with a lua plugin?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are using a tool such as JustDecompile, you can search for things of interest.

For chat sending, Oxide provides that and more:
    Code:
    hurt.SendChatMessage(player, "message")

5. Give me pls decompilited file!

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sorry, you'll need to do that on your own with a tool like the one I recommend above.

7. Can you help me?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've provided the instructions above.

9. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Let's say i want to find, inside Assembly-CSharp.dll, the command that hurtworld uses for chat sending... how shall I proceed?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In JustDecompile, there is a Search option in the toolbar which can search for specific things.

11. Well i tried my best, but this was way too complicated to understand without any knowledge in how games are made...

Thanks for the help though! It really helped me to get going, but it was too difficult for me...

So i guess i'll just wait until you get the documentation out for this game...