We've moved! Join us as we continue development on our new site at umod.org!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hey, i'm new to coding with C# but have quite a bit of r-lua experience. ( About 2 years) And I wanted to get into modding in rust, I'am currently attempting to make a furnace generate pookies ( For a event ). But when i attempt to create the pookies that work's fine. After i attempt to put them in a furnace it tells me the OnConsumeFuel hook failed to call. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Heres my code so far. ( Please don't give me a entire answer to how to make it generate them. Just hint me somewhere please )
    Code:
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System;
    using Newtonsoft.Json;
    using Oxide.Core.Plugins;
    using Oxide.Core.Configuration;
    using System.Linq;

namespace Oxide.Plugins
    {
        [Info("FurnaceModifier", "CasperYep", "0.0.1")]
        [Description("Generates pookies from furnaces,")]

public partial class FurnaceModifier : RustPlugin
        {

void OnConsumeFuel(BaseOven oven, Item fuel, ItemModBurnable burnable)
            {
            var pookie = ItemManager.CreateByName("Pookie Bear", 1);

if (!pookie.MoveToContainer(oven.inventory));
                {
                }
            }
        }
    }
    And here's the entire error message
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnConsumeFuel' on plugin 'FurnaceModifier v0.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.FurnaceModifier.OnConsumeFuel (BaseOven oven, Item fuel, ItemModBurnable burnable) [0x0000e] in <7a251d0bf75c4f8784bc5f1578af8199>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.FurnaceModifier.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00032] in <7a251d0bf75c4f8784bc5f1578af8199>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00079] in <9affce1cd15c4ec183941adef8db1722>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x000d8] in <4452f821def6406d834e4149849fe7ea>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00060] in <4452f821def6406d834e4149849fe7ea>:0
    Sorry if my post violates any rules.

2. Your mistake is here :p
    Code:
    var pookie = ItemManager.CreateByName("Pookie Bear", 1);

CasperYep likes this.
  3. Thanks! I can't believe how stupid I am! It was such a easy fix when I finally noticed my issue. Anyway's now i'm having the issue of stack-sizes if you got any hints on how i can make so they all just go into the same one that would be great!
    Currently the pookies go like this if the X represents a slot.

X X X X

I want it to be

X = 1 + 1 +1 +1 Etc

This is probably really simple to fix. I sadly can't find any documentation on it nor any documentation of MoveToContainer. Thanks jet again. <3

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There wouldn't be any documentation for it as it's Rust code, not something Oxide provides.

5. :/ Yeah I have been attempting to stack them for like 3 hours now. Starting to get annoying. Looking around my decompiler constantly but can't find any useful information.
    Code:
    Item PookieItem = oven.inventory.FindItemByItemID(definition.itemid);
    Tried to just find how many pookies total was in the furnace and then removing the old ones. And adding old ones to a number + 1 and putting them back in again. But its not going very well

6. Can always do something like this,

Code:
    void OnItemAddedToContainer(ItemContainer container, Item item)
    {
        // IF Container has pookies, Count them
        // Delete existing pookies
        // Create new stack of pookies, use ItemManager.CreateBy with pookies equal to the current count of pookies + the amount you want to add
    }
    Give that a try!

Garbage Collector likes this.