Enabling scientists?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Inkss, Mar 3, 2018.

1. So facepunch stated scientists are disabled by default. I see a bunch of different ways to enable them but im not entirely sure which one to trust. any idea or help would be appreciated!

2. To spawn them at junkpiles:
    npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance [0 - 1] (1 = always)

npcplayerapex.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance [0 - 1] (1 = always)

And at the military tunnel:
    squadmanager.squad_disable false

3. This is no longer true, they've ninja-changed the convars around all of this.

To spawn them at military tunnel:
    ai.npc_enable

To spawn them at junk piles:
    ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance 0-1
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance 0-1

For more information, check here: RUST Scientist Command

4. do they only spawn at military tunnel? because my servers map is only 9km big and i dont have an Military tunnel

Also if you guys could help me improve my server just join and say whats wrong still im currently working on it like 2-4 hours a day

5. you can enable them at junkpiles. just read the replies above yours. and for the server suggestions i would suggest asking your regular players what they like instead of us where most of us probably wont play on it, no offense but alot of us either have our own or have a server we already like playing on.

6. Hey all

I have a problem with missing NPC also. In "RUST scintist command it says there are different kind of junkpiles from a-g"

I did the commands one by one but server doesnt seem to react on the other junkpiles command like b-f. only the a-g.

Are they randomly placed when u do the commands?

7. Hey Missy,

There are only two configurations for the different junkpiles (that have been made available) available to be set: one for a and one for g.

You can manually spawn in the b-f using the item ID and appropriate spawn commands. My suspicion is that b-f are tied to the a and g variables particular settings.

However, fort them appearing naturally you will need to ensure the following are set:

ai.npc_enable
    ai.npc_max_junkpile_count
    ai.npc_junkpile_a_spawn_chance
    ai.npc_junkpile_g_spawn_chance

The location of scientist spawn is random, based on the spawn chance you provide. However at monuments with scientists placed, they will always be statically respawned in the same general location.

8. Thank you very much for the info :)