1. I'm thinking of using Timed Execute to restart the server, however I read in a post, some say the restart command works, others say no, I can not risk it with a full server, so using the "restart 60" in this plugin, Will the server automatically power off and on? Or just shutdown?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The restart command in Rust is just a shutdown command with timed messages. The server alone cannot start itself after a shutdown.

3. Like wulf said it's just a command that shutsdown the server after 300 seconds (if no time specified). You can modify your batfile to use eg:

Code:
    @echo off
    :start
    cls
    echo Starting Server...
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics ^
    +oxide.directory "server/Modded/oxide" ^
    +server.hostname "SpecterNetworks x10 | x5 Scrap | TP | Homes - 05Aug" ^
    +server.description "Welcome to SpecterNetworks! We hope you enjoy your stay. \n \nJoin us and have some fun. Relax. Take a beating or throw your computer out the window. \n \nRules: \n- No hacking. \n- No exploiting. \n- No glitching in rocks. \n- No building in rocks. \n- No racism. \n \nCommands: \n- /tpr <playername> (Teleport to a player) \n- /tpa (Accept a tpr request) \n- /sethome <name> (Set a home) \n- /removehome <name> (Remove a set home) \n- /home list (List homes) \n- /remove (Starts the remover tool) \n- /clan help (Setup a clan)" ^
    +server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/vo5o2Dl.png" ^
    +server.url "https://www.specternetworks.com/" ^
    +server.seed 48276329 +server.worldsize 4000 ^
    +server.ip 0.0.0.0 ^
    +server.port 28019 ^
    +server.maxplayers 50 ^
    +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 ^
    +rcon.port 28020 ^
    +rcon.password "*****************" ^
    +server.identity "Modded" ^
    +server.level "Procedural Map" ^
    +rcon.web "true" ^
    -LogFile "C:\Servers\Servers\RSM\server\Modded\serverlog.log"
    cls
    echo Restarting Server...
    timeout /t 10
    goto start

4. I use the linux platform, is there any way to run scripts on the server along with crontab restart?

crontab -e
    0 5 * * * su - rustserver -c '/home/rustserver/rustserver restart' > /dev/null 2>&1

To warn players that the server will reboot

5. The command "restart" already warns everyone on the server every 10 seconds of 300 seconds that the server will restart.