1. I've experimented with changing various decay variables:

Code:
    decay.bracket_0_blockcount    15    Between 0 and this value are considered bracket 0 and will cost bracket_0_costfraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_0_costfraction    0.1    Blocks within bracket 0 will cost this fraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_1_blockcount    50    Between bracket_0_blockcount and this value are considered bracket 1 and will cost bracket_1_costfraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_1_costfraction    0.15    Blocks within bracket 1 will cost this fraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_2_blockcount    125    Between bracket_1_blockcount and this value are considered bracket 2 and will cost bracket_2_costfraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_2_costfraction    0.2    Blocks within bracket 2 will cost this fraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_3_blockcount    200    Between bracket_2_blockcount and this value (and beyond) are considered bracket 3 and will cost bracket_3_costfraction per upkeep period to maintain
    decay.bracket_3_costfraction    0.333    Blocks within bracket 3 will cost this fraction per upkeep period to maintain
    Tried to build, upgrade, remove in an effort to update gui/game without success. Are these commands not active or is the tool cupboard GUI just not displaying correctly?

The reason I would like to change these is because it's already exponentially more expensive to build/upkeep bigger bases, it's not necessary to exaggerate it further imo.

2. I know this command works for the amount the TC needs every 24 hours.

decay.upkeep_period_minutes

default is 1440.

3. It does. but it does not solve the issue with the scaling. Setting this low results in smaller structures staying forever with few resources.

Just want to make the upkeep cost more linear. Very few players knows about the brackets and the fact that building 2 smaller buildings is a lot cheaper than 1 big.

4. i have too this problem