Solved Death messages

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Upperking, Apr 17, 2015.

1. its built in but something more to customize.

2. It would be good if a death message could be created that displays to server or better just admins when a player is killed and by whom as that would help policing a no kos server no end . I have tried on my own and to no joy yet .

3. The link is working for me, it may need to be approved before it works for anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  4. The KilledBy.cs doesn't seem to work. It doesn't display any messages when you kill someone.

5. I have the script running right now on theregulators.org rok server, you can log in to see it running there. If you still have problems i can take a look at your setup.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  6. Is there anything that needs to be done besides adding it to the plugin folder and restarting? I did that and killed a guy 3 times with no message.

7. as long as oxide repots:
    [Oxide] 8:10 PM [Info] KilledBy was compiled successfully in 2627ms
    [Oxide] 8:10 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Killed By v1.0.0 by Hawthorne

you should be ok.

8. kool, someone give me permission to view or msg me the code?

9. im getting you dont have permission

10. Sounds like your provder has a rights issue on that folder. I assume you are using a hosted solution?

11. sorry m8 lol i mean the link for me to download from

12. I'm not quite sure why you're asking for a download link when he posted the code. Make it yourself, as it took me less then 5 minutes to edit it to add what weapon/animal/entity a player was killed by.

Leeching will not teach you anything, neither will it benefit you nor your server in any way. Just learn slowly how to do it, it's pretty much common sense. Learning C# is like learning a fairly simple new speakable language.

13. Not everyone is capable of just picking up a new language like that. Nor should they be ridiculed into doing so. This website isn't dedicated to forcing people into learning C#. It's a place for friendly folks to share their innovations to make a game they enjoy, even better. Please take your negativity elsewhere, nobody asked YOU for anything in this situation. I'm not sure why you're fighting some battle that doesn't exist.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

15. Copy and pasting text into a file and naming it is not hard. Even if you dont have an editor, you could have copied a plugin file, replaced everything inside & renamed it.

16. Thx works great

17. I was looking in the plugin section for ROK to see if I could find the "death messages" that everyone was using but then I seen it on my actual server is there a working config/code for the deathmessages so when another player kills someone it pops up in chat?

Thanks to anyone that helps! :)

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin