Solved Day / night length

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Groty, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Is there a way to configure, and shorten the nights?

2. Actually trying to get as much time related stuff in the plugin as I can right now as the current state of the plugin is unfinished to be honest. And I have been exploring the option of allowing the option to change the duration of day and night, there is however no real way to do this with the actual server code so it's probably going to be a contruction of a few timers and stuff modifying the daylength at given intervals but i'm still exploring everything right now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420583383,1420487357][/DOUBLEPOST]http://oxidemod.org/resources/day-night-system.671/ now allows you to specify how long your days and nights are, just use /setdaylength <length in minutes> and /setnightlength <length in minutes>.

3. I'm looking for simple plugin, which has control over the configuration to shorten/longer daytime/nighttime.

For example, when i launch the server for first time, i would like to get .json config file, where i can set following values:
    daylength 45 (minutes)
    nightlength 15 (minutes)
    when this is set, game time should become slower/faster during day/night.

4. Using that plugin, you can only set daytime/nighttime with command, and not through config, meaning that every time i restart my server, i need to type that command, to set server day/night length to certain amount.

5. nah it should save that you can also use TimedExecute plugin and let the consol commands execute after server booted up

6. if you say so, i'll try and check if that command shouldn't be executed every time server starts, and using 2 plugins for this thing is dirty workaround imho.

7. for me it saves the settings once i changed them ingame

got to oxide/data folder and open your m-Time.json and look if there is something in it

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Or Rust's cfg/server.cfg. ;)

9. Hi there!
    I want plugin that will change night and day lengths. I know there was plugin "Day & Night System", but it is unmaintained and I don't know where to find that plugin.

10. I want the same plugin too it's possible ?

11. You don't need a plugin at all for this. You can do it in Rusts server.cfg file :)

12. Its not more legacy you did for sure think of ;)

13. I cannot find server.cfg file only serverauto.cfg.... Where is server.cfg file?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to make it manually, but the commands listed in this thread are not for Rust, only Rust Legacy. You'd need a plugin such as TimeOfDay for Rust | Oxide.

15. So there is no way to edit the day/night cycle length without a mod/plugin?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not easily, as the only other way would be to write an external script that calculates length and runs the env.time command frequently.