Solved Creating a server.cfg?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by RelevenN tK, Nov 15, 2015.

1. I wanna make quick craft and quick smelt but in my host ( Vilayer ) it says this on server cfg
    #################################################################
    Rust Experimental currently does not have a configuration file.
    You will need to set the hostname and rcon port on under the
    configuration files button in the ACP.

We will replace this with a configuration file when on becomes
    avalible!

Where should i put it then...

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That actually hasn't been true for probably a year or so. The currently location of the file is server/<identity>/cfg/server.cfg.

3. I cant find that.. It wont even let me edit stuff?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447550027][/DOUBLEPOST]Nvm i cant edit stuff but how can i make Quick Craft and Quick smelt and where should i put it

4. Neither of these are controllable via config, they need to be done via plugins. You need to install Oxide (if not already done) and use plugins like LimeBench for craft and QuickSmelt for smelting.

5. Hi!
    If you don't have that file you need to create it ... as Wulf said in server/<identity>/cfg/ ... the file needs to be server.cfg! In this file you can add all your server settings (like hostname, description, headerimage, seed, mapsize, etc), but carefully ... if your server is not hosted localy ... you need to have in your commandline (at your host website/control panel) +server.ip +server.port +rcon.ip +rcon.port +rcon.password +server.identity " " (very important) ... else doesnt work ...

Ex. in the file:
    server.hostname "[My Server] QSmelt/TP/Instacraft/Kits"
    server.description "Welcome to my server! Play fair and enjoy the server!"
    server.worldsize 4000
    server.seed 12345678
    etc.

With the LimeBench and QuickSmelt , you need to modify the plugins config files @ server/<identity>/oxide/config/ ... json files. When you are done modifying your configs (and saved them) you need to reload your plugins (in the console): oxide.reload plugin_name (ex: QuickSmelt) ... DONE! Hope you undestand it! ;)

I forgot! When you edit your config file --->server.cfg<--- (and of course saved it)... in your console you need to type server.readcfg ... to load your new configs !

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust does not have a 'oxide.readcfg' command, it's 'server.readcfg'. Oxide doesn't provide the cfg, Rust does.

7. LOL! Sry wulf ! My bad ! yes server.readcfg! oops! sRY - -'