1. Hello, im using Host Havoc to host my server. I have oxide working and several plugins working also. I am able to spawn crap in, so im the admin for sure.

My issue is config files. They show up, but i have no way to edit them. I have to download them as json files, edit them in notepad and when i save - they save as txt files. When i reupload them, they dont work. Any help?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Get an editor such as Notepad++, then save as .json instead of .txt after editing them.

3. i did excactly that. but when i go to control panel to use C++ to open json files (i saved C++ to my desktop) it doesnt register as an option.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be able to save as anything you'd like. You can also right-click on the file's tab, and click "Rename" and rename it how you'd like.

5. iknowright. I can use my farming simulator GAME to open json files (wtf) but not C++?? I can use the C++ installer. But not the program. Im about to lose my mind XD

6. 1. You don't go to Control Panel to use Notepad++. Just right-click the file, choose "Open with" and click "Look for another app on this PC" or "Other" depending on your OS, and browse to where you installed Notepad++ - then choose the Notepad++ executable.
    2. There's no need to use a program to change the filetype. Open your Folder-settings/File Explorer Options through Control Panel and untick "Hide extensions for known filetypes". Now you can change the filetype by simply changing the name of the file in the folder.