1. As i typed before in other discussion, killed player in official rustafied and his name was blue above head and in inventory. Its vanilla and i was wondering how he did this, but found that he is using kind of HEX html codes in his steam name in one discussion. I want to ask is there way to do this in my server with plugin and do it like allowing players to use /colour for chat color but with name color above head.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ChatHead is the name of the plugin.

3. @Wulf Checked the ChatHeads plugin but its about messages above players head. I am looking to change only name color of the player above head. For example i am named Flammable in steam. Looking to change my name above head in orange for example. Not possible?

4. EDIT: done this by typing <color="orange">Flammable</color> as steam name but works glitched. I can change color of my name very good in my inventory screen and when loot my corpse and they see color but above head is not Flammable, they see me as <color="orange">Flammable</color> and looks bad.

5. ah ah nice exploit :)

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, sorry I see what you mean and misunderstood the original question. Glad you got it figured out though. :)

7. pdr

pdr

It's not an exploit. This is just how Unity's UI text draw works...

8. yea now trying syntax [color] or <color> and i will try and this [#gold][/#] but found it when tried to change my name to gold via colourednames and cant find how syntax works, might change my name in other server in chat? now researching this :)
    I am curious why when changed my name to <colour="">Flammable<colour> in rustafied tested it and in chat was [colour=""][/colour] hmmm interesting.

9. pdr

pdr

No, ur name in chat is handled by server (Default is - green for owner and blue for default group)

10. OK then can i just use color syntax to change inventory name but have normal Blue chat name? I now have blue name with my code shown. Looks stupid
    When i saw someone his name was notmal above head without code and blue in inventory.
    I mean default name for server chat is blue but my nick is with shown code and looks stupid. I type as <color>Flammable</color> in chat
    Tnhans in advance!

11. pdr

pdr

I got what u mean, but i dont really know how to hide color tag in chat and above head, and i dont have pc now to figure it out, i dont even understand how the people u talking about did it. Mb u should ask them? xD

12. Ok, i found syntax <color="lime">Flammable</color> and its working perfectly in inventory but in chat they see code with []. I will try to ask someone who did it because someone asked me how my name is colored. Typed in chat its secret and everytihng was shown :D