1. Hey !

Any chance to add the feature to choose the IP the server should bind to instead of using 0.0.0.0 ?

Cheers,

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be able to already, see Console Commands.
    Code:
    host ip:port
    Code:
    host 0.0.0.0:12781

3. Hi Wulf

Thanks for the quick reply
    Console commands show connect ip: port, not host ip: port :)

Just tried, server is not starting if I add an IP :/

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The "connect" is for connecting to a server, not for hosting. It should work fine if that IP is actually assigned to the machine you are trying to bind it on. You can't bind a router IP on a networked computer.

5. I only said that only the connect was documented with ip : port feature in your link. The server hosting using host command is not docummented with that feature.

Now, I am not trying to bind a router IP, I have dedicated servers with severals ips on each of them, and I have no issue to do this with other games.

I still may have done something wrong, but from my test, it's not working to bind the hurtworld server to an IP using "host ip : port" (I add a space on the forum to avoid smiley showing up).

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, you are right. I misread the page. This is something that the game developers should be adding ideally, so you may want to check with them.

7. Has anyone heard anything from the developers about this?

Currently have 4 IPs on one interface and for some reason the IP keeps flip-flopping between two which is causing players to disconnect.

8. The dev told me the feature is on their list but no ETA.

9. Hello.

I bought an additional IP to a dedicated machine, and I would like to bind ip to my server.
    I have 4 server with ports :(

I try in host.bat Hurtworld.exe -batchmode -nographics -exec "enforceeac 0;host secondip:12871;queryport 12872;maxplayers 60;servername etc.

In autoexec bindip secondip

Nothing works :(

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure that Hurtworld supports that yet.

11. Dont work.

12. Wich os are you using ?

13. Ubuntu 14.04

14. Check your PM send you a link for a good tool