--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 192' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. Thank you so much!

2. LaserHydra updated Better Chat with a new update entry:

3. What does Priority means.

I have Default set as 2, Owner as 0, Admin as 1.

What is that ?

4. That is correct. It is required for the plugin to determine the primary group if somebody is in multiple groups.

5. So If I make a new Group let's say:

Donator - I should set it as a different number such as 3?

6. Depending on how you want it be prioritized. If you want it to be a "higher rank" than default, you need to make it a lower number than default.
    Example:

owner: 0
    admin: 1
    donator: 2
    default: 3

7. And if I want it to be Higher Rank will it be visible in some way, I mean at the moment I have 3 Groups.

Default as 2
    Owner as 0
    Admin as 1

So 0 I would assume is the highest, and so on.

But what difference does it make if I give it Higher or Lower Priority then other groups such as Default.

8. LaserHydra updated Better Chat with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1483910102][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The group with the highest priority, which the user is currently in, is used to determine all the colors and sizes, except the titles.

9. Oh ok thank you :)

10. I don't get it - how can I mute players now? The page you reffer us to giving me no permission error

11. For now use the Mute plugin delivered in the previous version's .zip file.
    The new plugin is not approved yet, thats why you can't view it yet.

12. Did the mute include ignore?
    Because i usualy updated my PrivateMessage with ignore from betterchat
    Code:
    {% raw %}
    private Plugin BetterChat;
    var hasIgnored = BetterChat?.CallHook("API_PlayerIgnores", p.UserIDString, player.UserIDString);
    {% endraw %}

13. As said in the changelog; ignore is temporary not a thing for BetterChat. Looking into it for the future.

14. All of my Groups have disappeared when I installed the new version? The old ones are still in the /data/BetterChat/Groups.json

15. The new group file is /data/Betterchat.json

However, I don't understand how I'm supposed to assign the "Group" within the .json to an Oxide Group.

16. clan tags????
    Because it's a deal

removed?

17. Will much have to be changed when the new update is loaded? I only ask because I have 8 servers to edit and at the minute its working fine ;)

18. All groups would have to be remade and somehow assigned without permissions?

19. All the group handling is done for you. Every BetterChat group corresponds to a oxide group with the same name.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483912610][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Read the update log. It should give you the most important infos
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483912666][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The clan plugins can now register a clan tag by themselves. Tell your clan plugin author to look into BetterChats API for that.

20. So the maker of the Rust:IO clans has to do it?