--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 190' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. So there is better chat exploit could say !

Please help me how to fix it xD

So it happens like this, a guy change's his steam name to this, and every time he connect's , connet msg, death notes are in 100 size Works for /pm too
    <size=100>Anysteamname</size>

Is there any plugin that replace your name or says u can't chat while you have < = symbols in name or something, or say's please change your name

2. Someone explain to me why /chat user add <any playername or steamid> <groupname> keeps adding me to the group instead of the dang player.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483072483][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay... so the message returned is "<myname> (<mysteamid>) was added to group <groupname>. However, the player was actually added. buggy!

3. it ads player its just a bug it shows it ads you

4. Plugin chat freezes for a few seconds, why is this happening? # hurtworld
    I just want to rank chatting nothing else.

5. Some servers are failing... T.T

Errors I
    V

[Oxide] 23:46 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v4.2.12' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 23:46 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Attached Files:

6. Priority 0 is higher than 1 and so on?

7. Here: Rename | Oxide - As for the alternitive, there are too many variables in terms of blocking certain symbols, unless the chat system was coded to only accept standard text (If that's possible).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483436215][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Have you chang
    You've removed something from the .cs file. -

[PluginReference]
    Plugin hangul;

Simply remove and reinstall the .cs file.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483436317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What do you mean it freezes for a few seconds? When you type? If so, check the console and see if any issues are flagging up.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483437666][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I don't have this issue, ch
    The only reason for that would be if you had changed the .cs. I would just suggest reinstalling just the .cs file in plugins.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483437850][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Are you using the ColouredNames plugin, as you can't use both. Try removing yourself from the default group if it's showing both.

8. How can i remove [Player] on the default group?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483486776][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah it is :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483488005][/DOUBLEPOST]How can i remove [Player] on the default group?

9. Yeah i want to know it too :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  10. "GroupName": "default",
    "Priority": 10,
    "Title": {
    "Hidden": false,
    "HideIfNotHighestPriority": true,
    "Size": 15,
    "Color": "#aca69f",
    "Text": "[Normal]"
    },
    "PlayerName": {
    "Color": "#aca69f",
    "ClanTagFormat": "[{Clan}] {Name}"
    },
    "Message": {
    "Color": "white"
    },
    "Formatting": {
    "Console": "{Name}: {Message}", <------ Remove {Title}
    "Chat": "{Name}: {Message}" <------ Remove {Title}
    }
    },

11. Tried to find this, but im sorry i might be stupid.. but I couldnt figure this out :(

12. Go to your oxide\data\BetterChat\data folder open the Groups.json with notepad++ and find
    "Text": "[Player]",
    change it to
    "Text": "",

13. I am trying to put this on my server I have fully config'd the ranks I have made a Owner tag but I also have [Player] still in my name I try and leave the default group which I guess is not possible, How can i fix this?

14. Then only the groups I've made showing.. the default group isnt there.

15. @LewE change this line in your config: "HideIfNotHighestPriority": false, to "HideIfNotHighestPriority": true,
    Also check "Priority": number, The lower the number the higer the priority so for example Owner: 0 Admin: 1 Moderator: 2 Default: 3

@TwitchTvEricson89 pm me your config and Ill take a look.

16. It is what you asked for there are other ways to do it but if you upload your file and say what you want I will edit it

17. I'm using BetterChat, It works great but I have an issue if you can call that.

I managed to put myself in a Group called "Admin", but I keep having this Tag as [Player], So it's like that:

[Player] [Admin] Kalas

Anyone knows how to remove this Player and leave only Admin.

18. upload your groups file will fix it for you

19. Hello, I have [Player] [Admin] Kalas, I want it to be only Admin not with Player .
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483560211][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Like of the Plugin log file ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483560273][/DOUBLEPOST]Here my json file.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483560327][/DOUBLEPOST]There I think you meant that :)

Attached Files:

20. Here you go it had a lot of things to fix

Attached Files: