Solved Banners / MOTD

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by [TKC]TacTicToe, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Desperately need a way to scroll banner messages and a MOTD

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  2. Need MOTD too.. :(

3. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

4. I think the issue stopping this right now is the lack of a server chat function, so we may have to wait on the devs adding that to the game.

5. Well thats just great. Thanks. I will post to them about it.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How is there a lack of a server chat function? The game has chat, and Oxide has API for sending chat messages as well.

7. What I meant was there doesn't seem to be anything like a 'say' command for console. I may be wrong but I've had no luck with anything I've tried.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There actually are commands for sending messages as admin and such, but either way the functionality is there.

9. "adminmessage"

10. I wrote a short simple "!say" command for you to be able to chat as the "server". I'm trying to figure out if there is some way to run commands from the console, but as soon as that is solved I would be happy to post it if it would help you guys out.

11. The Notifier plugin for RUST is ideal. If anyone can emulate something like that, personally I would be a happy camper.

12. Yep. Notifier would be great

13. and death notes,

14. Basic MOTD plugin made and posted (I will be updating it soon to make it better, but it has the basics) just waiting for an admin to approve the post

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You may want to consider using the Lang API from Oxide to provide users localization options. Owners can created localized language files for the languages they want to support then, or you can do so yourself in one or multiple languages.

16. Thanks, I'll look into that

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd also recommend using hurt.SendChatMessage(player, "message") instead of using the AppendChatboxServerSingle mess.

18. Didn't even know that was a thing. (Kinda new to modding) Hopefully I can clean up my code a good bit now!

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They weren't working when the first plugins were being released, so they were using what was available.

20. Ohh okay, well thank you for the help. It is much appreciated .

(finally figured out quoting)