1. Hello,

I installed the latest version of oxide (Version 2.0.886) and its spamming me alot of different errors in the console. It looks like a total chaos and it feels like everything server side is going wrong because of it. I do get though that this is all early alpha, so I wondered if it was normal. I used oxide a while on my testserver to play around with some scripting, and there it was alright but that was without players on it (only myself).

I get reports that it makes the server lag a bit aswell, so i'm assuming somewhere it went wrong for me. Any thoughts? Is it running fine for you? Could I have made critical mistakes somewhere when installing it etc?

I played around with it a little bit and have no plugins installed, so they're not causing it.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please upload your Reign of Kings logs and Oxide logs so we can see what's going on.

3. DoM

DoM

I'll start by uploading mine. I noticed I'm having tons of ServerLobbyModule.cs errors. I'll be honest though I haven't spent much time looking into it.

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have no errors with Oxide, so that's all that matters. Pretty much all of the errors/warnings/etc you see in the RoK log can be ignored.

5. Hey, sorry for the lack of response. I've removed oxide for a while until I had time again, and forgot to respond here. It seems indeed my errors are not oxide related, and the console just reveals otherwise invisible errors. Strange that I got reports about lag then, perhaps I should try again. I was just wondering if everything was supposed to be running smoothly or that it had some trouble in general running Oxide on busy servers in these early stages.

The kind of errors i'm getting in the logs are these for example:
    Code:
    PlayerTracker: Tracker for <playername> and DamageNearby has failed to check in, but should be running and has been restarted.
    It seems to be unrelated to Oxide and it just worried me at that point as the console was spamming a crazy amount of text and errors. Could that be causing the lag or affect performance? I'm going to test it again on the test server on a fresh install, but it seems to already be spamming out quite alot of the playertracker errors even with only one person online.

Thanks alot for the work you're doing here, I post this to gather knowledge not to complain or anything!

Mark

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't noticed any performance issues personally, but I just run a test server. We hide a lot of the default errors from the RoK server in the console right now, as they tend to worry users. Generally they shouldn't be an issue, but I wouldn't consider the RoK server to be that stable right now.

7. I noticed performance issues too, but i have reasons to believe it is caused by the announcer plugin.
    Try disable that if you have it on your server, good luck!