1. So the plugin that I edited to have color loads but it doesn't seem to auto-broadcast this message.

Code:
    string DMessage = "<color=red>test</color>";

void Broadcast()
            {
                timer.Every(5, () =>
                {
                    if (players.Connected.Count() <= 0) {
                                        foreach (var player in players.Connected)
                    {
                        player.Message(DMessage, player.Id);
                    }
                    }
                });
            }

2. Is this a plugin you made?

3. No, I took auto broadcast and edited it so its one message and with color. Because I only need one message with color but auto broadcast does not offer color.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518578810][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That part though I edited.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just add colors to the messages, there is zero need to modify the plugin. This is the same for every single plugin on Oxide that deals with char messages.

You’re using a method wrong though, that is the issue. You should really “fix” your IntelliSense as you’d see what the actual signatures are.

5. Colors don't work, people are even asking in the plugins questions. It will just act like default chat so instead of red text, it will say the color code and white text.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Colors work fine, if they aren’t working then they are being used wrong. The questions in the the thread are about messages not working, not colors.

7. For messages, you put it in the lang part in the oxide folder. Heres the language file that the plugin description instructs to edit to add and to edit messages.

Code:
    {
      "Donate": "<color=red>test</color>",
    }

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup, and that would work. You can also use the universal formatting like
    Code:
    [#000000]text[/#]

9. I put "test" because the main message is kinda advertising my servers website and donation page. The test works but that doesn't work for some weird reason. Also, the thread was about me editing it for one message because the color didn't work for a big message and it got off topic.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518579997][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I got it to work don't know what happened but I checked it for typos and there was none now I redid color tags and it works.